DVDVR Message Board

SDL 2/7/17 - Elimination Chamber this Sunday!

Niners Fan in CT

Does WWE even realize how much of a sociopath Cena came off in that segment?

Bro, the woman you love, a woman you've held in your arms...just got viciously attacked.

And you seem only mildly surprised and a bit bemused.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Reed said:

Bro, the woman you love, a woman you've held in your arms...just got viciously attacked.

That's babyface behavior to Vince.

• Like 4

Someone brought it up on Twitter last night, as loud as the chant for Rhyno was, it would totally be a Vince move to change the finish during the commercial and have him put over the Ascension just to troll everyone.

Normally, I roll my eyes at stereotypical "Vince sux" tweets. But in this particular case, I can't honestly think of any reason for Ascension to win that match if it wasn't a troll.

• Like 1

Sociopath was how I described Cena to a buddy last night based on Talking Smack. I watched that again this morning and yeah, it's still really fucking weird. It's almost like he was channeling George Costanza when George found out his fiancée died.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Sociopath was how I described Cena to a buddy last night based on Talking Smack. I watched that again this morning and yeah, it's still really fucking weird. It's almost like he was channeling George Costanza when George found out his fiancée died.

You knew things were bad when you saw Renee trying to get *something* of an emotional reaction out of him.

And his face was a complete and utter blank. 

Christ, man. Triple H, in the storyline, might be a dick. But you never doubt he'd lose his shit if anyone hurt a person he loved.

1 hour ago, steve said:

Someone brought it up on Twitter last night, as loud as the chant for Rhyno was, it would totally be a Vince move to change the finish during the commercial and have him put over the Ascension just to troll everyone.

Normally, I roll my eyes at stereotypical "Vince sux" tweets. But in this particular case, I can't honestly think of any reason for Ascension to win that match if it wasn't a troll.

To build up the threat that American Alpha might not retain on Sunday, and anyone can win the Tag Team Turmoil match? It's pretty simple. This was a solid booking decision - the shitty booking decision was having Ascension, Vaudevillains, and Breezango doing fuck all since the brand split.

• Like 2

I think some of you all are overreacting to Cena's alleged underreaction. Sure, in a real life situation that would be cause for alarm, but in kayfabe terms, getting your skull slammed into all sorts of blunt objects is a part of the job. Do we expect Nikki to be in tears every time Cena takes a chairshot? He sold it with the proper amount of "oh shit"-ness in his eyes, tried to be a pro about it and finish doing his job, and then got away as soon as he could.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

To build up the threat that American Alpha might not retain on Sunday, and anyone can win the Tag Team Turmoil match? It's pretty simple. This was a solid booking decision - the shitty booking decision was having Ascension, Vaudevillains, and Breezango doing fuck all since the brand split.

I knew I shouldn't have deleted the LOL at the end of my post.

Let me rephrase:

"Ascension LOL"

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

I think some of you all are overreacting to Cena's alleged underreaction. Sure, in a real life situation that would be cause for alarm, but in kayfabe terms, getting your skull slammed into all sorts of blunt objects is a part of the job. Do we expect Nikki to be in tears every time Cena takes a chairshot? He sold it with the proper amount of "oh shit"-ness in his eyes, tried to be a pro about it and finish doing his job, and then got away as soon as he could.

That kind of beating is like a stubbed toe for Cena. 

• Like 2

Turmoil generally means the tag-champs start out right, so we're pretty much guaranteed a change?

Personally I'd rather see the Fashion Po-Po win, but I'd kinda get a kick out of a Ascension cheaty tag run to be honest - and at least they can call themselves former champs when they're doing spot shows in a year or so.

3 hours ago, Reed said:

Neither Nikki nor Natalya are going to ever get a shot at Cena's title, so of course his character doesn't mind all that much. He'll just say "Nikki is fierce and can fight her own battles" mid-promo next week and go on with his rant against whomever he's going to face at Mania.

• Like 2

I just think it's amusing to see Cena's character react so coldly to Nikki getting attacked and then explain it by saying that their relationship is different. When you lead with saying your relationship is different, you typically then expect to hear that you're in an open relationship with that person. In this case, neither one cares about the other's ass getting beat.

Storyline wise, my bigger problem with all of this is that they're now obviously leading to the mixed tag at WrestleMania and, potentially, Cena proposing. Given WWE's track record, they'll totally drop the ball and Cena will be as cold then as he is now. However, the potential is there to make this a really cool moment. If they continue building this into Cena coming out of his shell to show some emotion towards Nikki and defend her, then I think it will work.

The thud on that table spot was crazy.

Anyone who's ever bonked their head hard enough to produce such a sound knows that wasn't another Cody Rhodes oh he put his hands up deal or wrestling trickery. 

Just damn. Don't think Cena's replay had sound or probably would have been like damn gonna be sleeping with JCVD tonight. 

3 hours ago, Cristobal said:

But Nikki would still, I assume care. Even if she accepted it was never the end of the world.

Again: You repeatedly caught Renee and Bryan trying to coax him into feeling something.  Show some sort of emotion.

"Oh, how is Nicole? She good?"

He said this with about as much emotion as you or I would order a pizza with.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Reed said:

But Nikki would still, I assume care. Even if she accepted it was never the end of the world.

Again: You repeatedly caught Renee and Bryan trying to coax him into feeling something.  Show some sort of emotion.

"Oh, how is Nicole? She good?"

He said this with about as much emotion as you or I would order a pizza with.

I know this will be hard to understand for a lot of people here, but that aloof, Zero Fucks Given attitude is the hallmark of an Alpha Male with outcome independence. ZFG is an inherently attractive male trait to females, they aren't attracted to over-emotional orbiters.  You can't date a woman like NIkki Bella without having that sort of swagger and confidence, because she wouldn't have it any other way. 

Cena is a real man's man, he would have killed it with this gimmick

• Like 1

Just now, SolidGoldBomb said:

I know this will be hard to understand for a lot of people here, but that aloof, Zero Fucks Given attitude is the hallmark of an Alpha Male with outcome independence. ZFG is an inherently attractive male trait to females, they aren't attracted to over-emotional orbiters.  You can't date a woman like NIkki Bella without having that sort of swagger and confidence, because she wouldn't have it any other way.

Triple H went mental when Seth Rollins suggested he would perhaps turn up on Triple H's doorstop one day and talk to his kids 

And the thing is? HHH would have been more a bad guy if he simply hadn't cared or shrugged off that not-so-subtle threat.

• Like 1

Not the same thing, you don't treat your kids or their safety with a ZFG attitude, that's just for romantic purposes.  Gotta act like you've been there before

And HHH didn't quite go mental, he calmly explained why he was going to destroy Seth, then hired his Samoan hitman to take him out.  HHH is more a classic narcissist, not a sociopath.  He took Seth's injury personally and instead of being indifferent to it like a sociopath would, he made it all about HIS creation Seth not living up to HIS standard, and failing THE GAME.