DVDVR Message Board

SDL 2/7/17 - Elimination Chamber this Sunday!

Niners Fan in CT

The opening segment and 4-way was fun, and I'm pleased Corbin picked up such a big victory. I thought it was interesting to see Corbin admit to the Rumble humbling him a pinch on Talking Smack.

Nikki & Nattie continues to be nasty with tonight's talk Smack segment being short but nice. I really wish WWE would let them have a crazy brawl of some sort. Loved the contract signing. Everyone  involved delivered. I'm particularly happy with how well Naomi is doing. They she has been looking good with the crowd really taking to her.

Cena/Orton was a fun while it lasted and I'm pleased with Harper actually getting the better of Orton.

I dug Cena on Talking Smack. I like that he weighed in on Nikki/Nattie and even explained just how he and Nikki's relationship works when its comes to wrestling. His reaction to the attack was detached but it also kind of makes sense. Still could have shown a little more worry.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Craig H said:

John Cena's reaction, or lack thereof, to Nikki getting attacked on Talking Smack was so fucking strange. He's perfected the art of being totally emotionally detached.

Which means he's ready for marriage!

I'm super happy with the pushes that Corbin is getting and that Harper (hopefully) gets, these two have been my favorites for a while and have really been entertaining lately.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, El Dragon said:

Luke Harper running in and being a nightmare to Wyatt and Orton is great great stuff. He really needs to go over Orton Sunday, but, you know.

Harper beating Orton makes WWE sense if Orton's winning the belt at Mania. WWE likes to have anointed champions (Rumble winners/MITB holders) lose before they win the belt. Plus having Harper win now means we will get future PPV main event between Orton and Harper for the belt.

2 hours ago, Fallacy! said:

Except Nash has more hair on his balls than Corbin does on his head.

I've seen tons of criticism on Corbin, but he gets by far the most flack on his thinning/receiding hairline. It's pro-wrestling dammit, some of the biggest names were follically challenged. 

Daniel referring to Ellsworth's schlong and The Ascension winning were two things that happened that I didn't really need to experience. 

Harper's promo was great though.  Was that the first time he's said more than a random sentence or two?  It makes me think he'll be ok on his own if they do end up disolving the Wyatts for good, though I think it's all going to be a swerve with a returning Rowan joining them to beat down Orton.

8 hours ago, Eivion said:

Nikki & Nattie continues to be nasty with tonight's talk Smack segment being short but nice. I really wish WWE would let them have a crazy brawl of some sort. Loved the contract signing. Everyone  involved delivered. I'm particularly happy with how well Naomi is doing. They she has been looking good with the crowd really taking to her.

I agree on all counts. I'm especially happy to see Naomi finally getting into her groove and catching on with the fans. 

Nattie has been so nasty that I want Nikki to kick her ass lol 

10 hours ago, Craig H said:

John Cena's reaction, or lack thereof, to Nikki getting attacked on Talking Smack was so fucking strange. He's perfected the art of being totally emotionally detached.

I've said it many times, but a Patrick Bateman-like character would be perfect for Cena. 

Does WWE even realize how much of a sociopath Cena came off in that segment?

Bro, the woman you love, a woman you've held in your arms...just got viciously attacked.

And you seem only mildly surprised and a bit bemused.

• Like 3