DVDVR Message Board

Wild Okanagan Wrestling: Season Two

• 3 weeks later...

Every two weeks a new episode is up. It took three weeks to get Episode 2 done, only because I was having some issues with Shaw: apparently  nobody in charge actually WATCHED the show last year and I maybe broke a few CRTC laws. But I had a sitdown with the new boss, and unlike the Hardyz, we had a nice meeting that fixed everything.

• Like 1

You didn't have enough Canadian content, didn't you?

(Thankfully, the worst I had to deal with doing DOA TV was B&Wing blood like WWE does it - they never said anything but I figured it'd be a problem if I didn't.  Then again, our stuff was on public access.)

22 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

You didn't have enough Canadian content, didn't you?

Some company logos got in that shouldn't have, and one wrestler was drinking beer after winning a match inside a bar; not complete no-no's but stuff that local TV worries about.

On 3/1/2017 at 8:16 PM, Dewar said:

It is also responsible for Trailer Park Boys. Need to take the good with the bad.

"Little Mosque on the Prairie" is right there. RIGHT THERE.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Marty - do you own that Blue Demon photo?

If no - have you stolen said Blue Demon photo yet?

It's screwed into the wall at the bar I bounce at...with at least 3 security cameras pointed in it's general direction. We have a pretty spectacular B&W picture of Santo/Mascaras/Wagner that I might sit in front of in a future episode.

My bosses own another restaurant across the street and it has this cheap old painting of three dogs that we used to also have in the double-wide I grew up in as a kid...I'm more inclined to steal that for the pure nostalgia of it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Episode 02.07 is up. Shaw took several weeks before airing the last one due to issues with violence.

Yes, seriously.

They moved all our episodes to 9pm or later, now...but with the disclaimer they are airing them on their own YouTube page, too.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Started watching Episode 6 and was REALLY impressed by Judas Icarus. Any more matches from him? Nice kicks, that killer sliding kneedrop, big bumps, and I automatically like guys who wrestle with no shoes. 

3 hours ago, EricR said:

Started watching Episode 6 and was REALLY impressed by Judas Icarus. Any more matches from him? Nice kicks, that killer sliding kneedrop, big bumps, and I automatically like guys who wrestle with no shoes. 

I've got a few I'm slowly editing. A fun one where he mocks me for being old (at 42 and 18, I'm old enough to be his dad), and we got some interesting "old man" chants for me and "Millimeter Peter" chants for him.

Kid's got a lot of talent for a  young age and only 18 months in the business.

• 1 month later...

Episode 02.10 took too long due to the emotional nature of the subject. As referenced in the thread about wrestlers passing away, Buddy Wayne (of Pacific Northwest fame), died this summer at the age of 50. He had wrestled two of his last (if not his very two last) matches here in the Okanagan, one of which was in Vernon where the tape was very good; the Rutland shows are fucking impossible because the lighting and the non-stop crowd noise in the overstuffed building just makes all hardcams wobble like crazy. This show also features two of his last crop of students: Cody Chunn (who worked Buddy back in April), and King Khash (here working Harry Smith in Abbotsford in August), as well as a clip of Buddy's 12-year-old son, Nick, who is following in Dad's footsteps at a very early (and yes, probably too early) age.