DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Braun Is Your #1 Face Now - 2/6/17

Dolfan in NYC

Well all of that was before guys like KO, Sami and Cesaro worked for WWE where if you're a heavyweight you magically get huge bump in all your stats, it's like an auto leveling up of 50 levels, so small guys can't compete anymore cause they drop to level 10 and have crappy stats unless they can really get over with the crowd (or have a lucha mask that WWE can sell which is an auto level up of atleast 40 levels)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, caley said:

I hope Mick Foley and/or his family are getting lots of money right now, because no one is ever going to be able to take him seriously again after his run as meek guy whose boss bosses him around with him never getting a comeback or to stand up for himself.  I've honestly never felt this bad for an authority figure in a long, long time.  Maybe it's karma for his terrible Comissioner Foley run from years back.

They are clearly starting to set the stage for Foley leaving.

Per Meltzer - Foley is having hip surgery sooner rather than later since he got his insurance back

He doesn't have a contract so he can be gone when ever

The KO/Jericho/Goldberg segment was amazing and WAY better than it had any right to be.

Goldberg looks like he is having a grand old time during his return so good for him.

Also - he didn't bleed so that was a win too

• Like 2

7 hours ago, caley said:

That main event was GNARLY.  Two big dudes beating the bejesus out of each other.  You've got to give Reigns credit for taking a king-size ass-beating from Joe, followed by a monstrous beatdown by Strowman.  Dude can't be feeling too good right now.

Nah, caley. Haven't you heard?  Reigns is garbage, should be jobbed out to James Ellsworth, never will be worth a damn, deserves nothing but scorn, and should suffer a career-ending injury so his presence won't darken our TVs ever again.

(I'm being sarcastic--somewhat.)

• Like 3

Just now, CreativeControl said:

I just assumed they were trying to get the fact Joe can win with a variety of moves over, just like they did when AJ Styles came in

Shouldn't that be a priority for everyone? If Sami's blue thunder bomb or KO's frog splash or Roman's splash mountain or Rollins's hi-fi flow or Harper's sit out powerbomb or Dolph's fame asser or Big E's running splash or Rusev's beauty shot would get a pin fall every now and again, we'd fall for those near falls even more. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

**drives Roman Reigns-decorated minivan into the thread, runs over Bink and L_W_P, says Dan Marino is garbage over the loud speaker**

That vest is nothing but a thick tank top with a plastic logo on the front.  The back may protect the spine a bit because of those absorber-type things, but that's it. The vest Reigns wore during the Shield days provided more protection.

Bink really shouldn't be named after that great clown from Garfield and Friends if he's going to talk sideways like this, boo! (that's random, so what, fight me!)

Braun is winning the Andre at WM and you all will deal.  He'll be fine. You should be worrying about Goldberg getting ready to geek out KO in 74 seconds at Fastlane.

Very enjoyable show.  New Day's ice cream promo was kind of weird, though.

Hey now, my name is a Married With Children reference.

And I'm kayfabing the vest. Yeah, it's just a toy, but surely I'm not supposed to think that.

I only saw a summary of Raw, but it included clips of the main event so perhaps my clipped watching has influenced me, but Joe did a Muto-like corkscrew elbow and an Uranage... Pretty much a People's Elbow and a Rock Bottom. I just hope Joe doesn't inherit the world's shittiest Sharpshooter too.

9 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Foley is the Toby to Steph's Michael. 

Even Toby got one over on Michael occasionally, like when he talked to the camera about Michael threatening to withhold sex from his superior in order to get a modest, scheduled raise.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

They are clearly starting to set the stage for Foley leaving.

Per Meltzer - Foley is having hip surgery sooner rather than later since he got his insurance back

He doesn't have a contract so he can be gone when ever

It'd be great if one Monday Stephanie's yelling at Foley, and it's just a stuffed bear with a plaid shirt on and nobody had noticed Foley'd left weeks ago.

• Like 1

Fuck, Braun Strowman is awesome. These are words I never thought I'd say or type out, but there they are. I do remember coming around to him when he changed up his look post draft. Pre-draft, when he was still in the Wyatt Family, his hair style and look made him look like they stuck Alison Pill's face on Gregor Clegane's body. His hair style change made him look less like a baby in the face and made him look more threatening and believable.

And then you hear the stories about how good of a brother he is, whether it's from the good brothers themselves, or Jericho, or KO, or Austin, or the New Day, etc. At this point, even though he'll likely be doing the job at Fastlane (unless the Undertaker costs Roman the match), I still think Strowman needs something special at WrestleMania, like a decently high profile match and a live band playing him in. Fuck it, Mastodon can't cost that much, so pay them to play in Strowman. I would shit my pants if Strowman came out to:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bink_winkleman said:

Hey now, my name is a Married With Children reference.

And I'm kayfabing the vest. Yeah, it's just a toy, but surely I'm not supposed to think that.

There's money to be made with a Roman Reigns vs. D'Lo Brown Vest vs. Vest match! 

WWE has almost backed its way into the perfect sweet spot with Roman. I can't think of a more universally hated heel in ages, so putting an organically over face a Braun's been evolving into should only heighten his rise. I don't think there's much that needs to be changed -- don't give Roman a formal heel turn of any kind, just keep booking him as though he thinks he's a righteous babyface, a la 2000 Kurt Angle. 

He's the perfect foil to Braun, who -- dare I say -- is getting the most real face reactions of anyone since Daniel Bryan. 

The schedule photo made me think two things: 

1. Is there an option for cell phones to immediately change time whenever they go over the border from Central to Mountain or whatever? Because that would be very irritating to have to try and keep up with. Then again I am not a professional road warrior (pardon the pun) like these cats. 

2. "Big Show > Physicality" means...? More physicality but that could be code for who knows.

Those are probably two really stupid questions

3 hours ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

Did anyone else catch Corey Graves latest Pantera reference? He skipped his usual Primal Concrete Sledge comment and went with Far Beyond Driven. 

Corey's been reading this board. I'm gonna call it and say the next reference will be The Great Southern Trendkill since Braun's a southern boy. When we get Braun bending the bars of a steel cage, he'll be reinventing the steel.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Corey's been reading this board. I'm gonna call it and say the next reference will be The Great Southern Trendkill since Braun's a southern boy. When we get Braun bending the bars of a steel cage, he'll be reinventing the steel.

I shudder to think what Braun will do to prompt Graves to drop a Vulgar Display of Power reference. I wonder if he'll work in a Metal Magic or Power Metal reference at some point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

1. Is there an option for cell phones to immediately change time whenever they go over the border from Central to Mountain or whatever? Because that would be very irritating to have to try and keep up with. Then again I am not a professional road warrior (pardon the pun) like these cats. 

Yes phones change automatically.

Just like it corrects for the start (or end) of DST

30 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

I shudder to think what Braun will do to prompt Graves to drop a Vulgar Display of Power reference. I wonder if he'll work in a Metal Magic or Power Metal reference at some point.

I could have sworn I heard him say that last night.  I forgot which match (might have been the main) but I definitely heard Vulgar Display of Power.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

Launching dudes at 1:05

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Braun has Strength Beyond Strength and is Becoming God-Sized.  5 Minutes Alone with him and you'll be yelling, I'm Broken!

• Like 1