DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Braun Is Your #1 Face Now - 2/6/17

Dolfan in NYC

This was a great show. Even the opening package was done well for maybe the first time ever. Joe looked so big league. Great stuff.

Goldberg was talking in his Santa's Slay cadence, which made me hate him much less.

I really wish they'd let Graves answer one of the countless, "HOW DOES REIGNS TAKE ALL THAT PUNISHMENT!?!?!?" with a, "He's wearing  body armor."

• Like 6

I wish after the pre-match beatdown, they would've let Joe win clean, and then did the post-match beatdown with Braun.

I only caught the last twenty or thirty minutes, so that's all I have to say.

**drives Roman Reigns-decorated minivan into the thread, runs over Bink and L_W_P, says Dan Marino is garbage over the loud speaker**

That vest is nothing but a thick tank top with a plastic logo on the front.  The back may protect the spine a bit because of those absorber-type things, but that's it. The vest Reigns wore during the Shield days provided more protection.

Bink really shouldn't be named after that great clown from Garfield and Friends if he's going to talk sideways like this, boo! (that's random, so what, fight me!)

Braun is winning the Andre at WM and you all will deal.  He'll be fine. You should be worrying about Goldberg getting ready to geek out KO in 74 seconds at Fastlane.

Very enjoyable show.  New Day's ice cream promo was kind of weird, though.

• Like 2

Akira acted crazy but never actually got crazy, and you could tell by the crowd's dwindling reactions. I'm happy we got to hear an "ALICIA FOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" tonight.

Also, congrats to Braun on his new huge, face push. The 4 on 1 was ridiculous, but lots of fun. I fully support him just showing up for Roman's matches and beating him up for however long they want to do so.

I'm not worried about Owens because his title reign hasn't been very good from the start.  He probably needs to go and do something else for a minute.  Braun is a guy who has been booked perfectly thus far. I think winning the Andre Battle Royal is beneath him at this point.  Strap a huge rocket to this monster and let him cook.

It's amazing that in all the Rollins/Joe hoopla, HHH hasn't once mentioned or talked to Owens.  What a waste of a title reign, and the only thing for him to really do is face Jericho at WM in what will be a mid-card match.

I thought they may have Zayn take the US title from Jericho and then have Zayn/Strowman finish their feud for the strap at WM.  Maybe they'll do that still.

That main event was GNARLY.  Two big dudes beating the bejesus out of each other.  You've got to give Reigns credit for taking a king-size ass-beating from Joe, followed by a monstrous beatdown by Strowman.  Dude can't be feeling too good right now.

I hope Mick Foley and/or his family are getting lots of money right now, because no one is ever going to be able to take him seriously again after his run as meek guy whose boss bosses him around with him never getting a comeback or to stand up for himself.  I've honestly never felt this bad for an authority figure in a long, long time.  Maybe it's karma for his terrible Comissioner Foley run from years back.

3 minutes ago, caley said:

That main event was GNARLY.  Two big dudes beating the bejesus out of each other.  You've got to give Reigns credit for taking a king-size ass-beating from Joe, followed by a monstrous beatdown by Strowman.  Dude can't be feeling too good right now.

I hope Mick Foley and/or his family are getting lots of money right now, because no one is ever going to be able to take him seriously again after his run as meek guy whose boss bosses him around with him never getting a comeback or to stand up for himself.  I've honestly never felt this bad for an authority figure in a long, long time.  Maybe it's karma for his terrible Comissioner Foley run from years back.

There's this small part of me that thinks it'll lead somewhere, he'll dig deep and pull off one of those amazing "dancing on the line of reality" promos...

Then I remember it's Steph and he hasn't done that in a decade. Then I sigh.

6 minutes ago, caley said:

Foley is the Toby to Steph's Michael. 

• Like 2

Listening to the crowd reactions, Jericho/Owens for the U and Braun mowing down Roman at Fast Lane and going after Taker would be some inspired Mania booking.

WWE has been handed a gift in the form of Braun Strowman. He's actually developed past where most people probably expected and is still improving. He's been protected to the point he feels more threatening than most of the regular roster. He's getting his second real feud against mega-heel Roman, and combined with the squashes, he's organically getting over as a face. They could MAKE him at Mania if they wanted to, but it's WWE, so he'll job to Roman and be just another guy by April.

Meanwhile they're building the main event scene around a part timer who got over 20 years ago doing exactly what they should be doing with Braun and no one in WWE will figure this out. Why does Goldberg/Lesnar 3 need a title exactly?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I enjoyed Nia Jax telling that one little girl that she was gonna watch Bayley die

Well studied, Nia Jax.

If you are going to have a heel role model, it may as well be Dump Matsumoto.

• Like 3

Oh man if we get Nia Jax slicing open an entrailed chicken in the middle of the ring and looking in Bayley dead in the eye and declaring "This is going to be you" before a hair match I will lose my goddam mind!

James

• Like 1

The put Joe over fairly strong.  Hope they let him use the Coquina Clutch soon.  I can see being a little gun-shy about the Muscle Buster, but not letting the "Samoan Submission Machine" not use his submission finisher just seems wrong.  They can't be blaming Seth's injury on the sleeper, can they?  Hopefully, they just didn't want the visual of Roman tapping out to a guy he's not feuding with.

On the plus side, Joe seems to be the only Samoan currently allowed on TV shirtless. 

The thing that bugged me was that they had the video clip of Cesaro putting over Tozawa and then Graves is listing all the guys Tozawa has worked before (KO, Zayn, etc...) and it just drove home how silly it was that he is just in with the CWC and they won't have him wrestle anyone else