DVDVR Message Board

THE TOP 360 GREATEST MOVIES OF ALL TIME~!

RIPPA

Static Poster

No, I didn't feel worthy to submit a list, but this is the greatest film of all time... 1985 Mark Romanek director. Starring Keith Gordon, Amanda Plummer, Bob Gunton and Barton Heyman in a performance that should have won him some sort of supporting actor award. Warning: This film will make you laugh, make you cry, and make you think, and then make you cry some more... And you'll never hear "Blue Christmas" in quite the same way again.

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Presumably, Grand Budapest Hotel will eventually be a Criterion. . 

Yeah - I was actually a little surprised it wasn't on the list yet.

I'd probably put South Park BLU on a top 20 musicals list. It's actually a pretty loving tribute to them. I also find it funny that part of the charm at the time was Trey and Matt not having to deal with television censors, and now they could probably get everything in the movie on TV with no trouble. 

• Like 1

South Park doing better than Grave of The Fireflies is depressing. Ironically, watching Grave of The Fireflies is far more depressing than watching South Park.

Oh and JT... I opted for Kid With The Golden arm over 5 Deadly Venoms... it was not an easy choice

James

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Forgot to say this right off the bat so I'll do it now before I forget again, a huge thanks to Rippa for taking the time to pump this out. I know from experience these lists can be a bit of a pain to get prettied up, but it's great to see the results.

Ditto ;)

• Like 1

Adaptation is the first movie to show up where I know I watched it and at least thought it was decent but I remember NOTHING about it so I didn't feel comfortable trying to place it on my ballot