DVDVR Message Board

THE TOP 360 GREATEST MOVIES OF ALL TIME~!

RIPPA

Fish Tank is one I have zero excuse for not watching yet. I like Fassbender, and it has a very low runtime (like 90ish minutes). Plus, like @S.K.o.S., I've been listening to Filmspotting since early 2008, so it's not like that film just recently came onto my radar.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

s-l300

341) INSIDE (À l'intérieur) (2007) 

Director: Alexandre Bustillo, Julien Maury

99 Points (1 Vote) - HIGH VOTE: SKOS (#2)

IMDB : ROTTEN TOMATOES (83%)

Criterion Collection: NO

Previous DVDVR Poll Placement: N/A

As bloody as this movie gets, the story really is about the acceptance of motherhood.  No, seriously..

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yup - watched the trailer for Inside.

Lights will be staying on tonight

As much as the "new brutal" wave of French horror films disturbed me, they really do a great job of driving home the idea of man as monster being the scariest thing ever.

You can chose not to believe in vampires or werewolves and the like, but you can't refuse to be believe in the existence of batshit insane psycho woman out to murder you because she sure shit believes in you.

You can tell by the gleam in her eye and the blood dripping from her mouth from biting her lip in excitement at the thought of gouging your eyes out.

Now put out the lights and try to get some sleep!

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - tomorrow we start with things that had 100 points

Tomorrow also will begin me yelling at all of you for your terrible voting patterns

TLDR: I will single out JT for ridicule because he is old and does not watch very many movies about baseball.

55 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That will be a theme - just not tomorrow's theme

It is 3 in the morning, dude.  I am working night shift but why are you still up?

I will do my best not to make fun of every baseball movie that is high on your ballot or pick out the movies I know made you weep aka the Top 50 movies you voted for.

@S.K.o.S.'s TOP 5 is tremendous right now. I'm more excited to see his number one than this list's.

Bummed no one else voted for Red Dessert. It's incredible.

I spaced on Requiem for a Dream. Or not. I'm not sure if I'd still include it on my list, but 18 year old Jae would have put in the top 10. It would probably still rank above The Wrestler tho.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

@S.K.o.S.'s TOP 5 is tremendous right now. I'm more excited to see his number one than this list's.

Bummed no one else voted for Red Dessert. It's incredible.

I spaced on Requiem for a Dream. Or not. I'm not sure if I'd still include it on my list, but 18 year old Jae would have put in the top 10. It would probably still rank above The Wrestler tho.

Antonioni in general is a blind spot for me. I hope to correct some of that this year once FilmStruck comes to a decent format for me.