DVDVR Message Board

WWE Champions

JonnyLaw

Just like in real life, AJ Styles is the absolute best at this game.

I've got him rated 2700, and I just beat a 4700-rated HHH with him. As an acrobat, his moves charge up faster, so you can play gem defense and make sure the other guy isn't getting the gems he needs and just have your moves charge first. When I started the Super Frankensteiner/Styles Clash combo, HHH had ~40K. After I hit the two moves, he was down to less than 5K, and since the finish did 27K of damage, even at ~1K/gem, he couldn't get near to clearing that to kick out of the pinfall.

Yeah - Craig might hate Cena but right now he is my only weapon for winning higher level matches as the AA does roughly 4600 so it is rare the opponent can kick out

It sure would be nice if there was a way to get these required characters like Booker T or anyone from the Attitude Era besides luck of the draw.  I am working on the hard level of Indianapolis on the Live Tour currently.  I can't finish Chicago or Cleveland on had level because I don't have two Attitude Era characters(DDP is the only one out of my 29 wrestlers that counts for the Attitude Era), and I can't unlock Detroit because I don't have Booker T.  Last weekend I bought two of the 30 packs trying to get Jericho.  The first one I got three new characters and 27 TP Posters.  The second one I got Sheamus and 29 TP Posters.  So I contacted customer support because that drop rate for an actual character seems extremely low to me.  Now those packs were my big investment in the game for the year likely, I decided to drop the $200 I normally spend on MPQ this time of year on WWE Champions instead.  I'll probably still continue the Shane O'Mac contract for $10 a month, but I'm unlikely to drop $50 here or there on it like I have MPQ in the past if this is how things are going to go.  I explained to CS that I prefer this game and would like to make it the one I invest in, but if these drop rates are what I can expect then I can't do that.  I know plenty of people complain about D3's support on MPQ, but I've had three dealings with them, one major one where I couldn't play the game for a month and they've done nothing but exceed expectations in solving my issues.  I was hoping for something positive from CS on this game.  The response I got boiled down to this one sentence basically--"I encourage you to try more and not give up."  Right, I should throw good money after bad in hopes that I get more than 1 new character out of 30 chances.  They sent me an e-mail asking how happy I was with the service I received, so I'll be sending a much less polite response to that one.

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - Craig might hate Cena but right now he is my only weapon for winning higher level matches as the AA does roughly 4600 so it is rare the opponent can kick out

It's just unbelievable how overpowered Cena is whenever I face him in VS mode, but whenever I use him, he's a big bunch of meh. I think the main reason I avoid him is that his finisher doesn't destroy any gems, thus lessening my changes of getting more loot boxes at the end.

Yeah, that shit is ridiculous. I know you like using him, but he needs to be nerfed. All of his moves power up so fast and I swear whenever you play against him there are more Yellow and Red gems on the board. That fucker always gets the extra turn off of his Red move, which just powers up his finisher. So if he doesn't beat you with the massive cascade off the Red move, you're basically staring at a loss because there's no way you'll do enough damage to him to win before his next turn where he'll use his finisher.

Oh, and he always kicks out. I did damn near 6k to him and he was nearly all the way to a kickout before 2.

2 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

I just played Marvel Puzzle Quest for 2 days and I say this as a guy with 970 hours in Star Trek Online: That was the grindiest soul sucking horse shit I've ever played so if this game is actually worse, what are you all doing with your lives?

I say this after not playing MPQ for about a month, so carpe diem.

I guess I've already put my time in grinding on MPQ and am now starting to do the grind in WWE Champions.

It seems to me that the grind in MPQ was a bit easier, but it's probably due to hitting some decent pulls early to help with damage.

I'm working on a Cena character ATM and just started trying to get 3-stars on Hard difficulty in the NXT tour.

Things are starting to get easier, but the grind isn't as much fun as MPQ.

Still learning, though.

• Like 1

The whole format actually made me angry, because there's the basis of a really good game I could get behind. There's a reason there's literally dozens (if not a couple hundred) match-3 clone games out there. Easy to get into. But my God, the time sink. The time sink. And that's how I felt about the early stages where you've got 8 characters at a tier, not when the real game starts and you have to pull cards on 40 guys.

To each their own and all that, but the format of Punish You Into Playing More is just a bridge to far for me.

Magic: the Gathering Puzzle Quest is still the best of these kinds of games just because you're building a deck of cards, there's card drawing, the gems you break go into your mana pool, creatures attack or defend, Enchantments are static effects, there's discarding, etc. It's by far the deepest of the match 3 games and probably the most fun.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Magic: the Gathering Puzzle Quest is still the best of these kinds of games just because you're building a deck of cards, there's card drawing, the gems you break go into your mana pool, creatures attack or defend, Enchantments are static effects, there's discarding, etc. It's by far the deepest of the match 3 games and probably the most fun.

I guess it's a matter of what you're into at the time.

I tried MtGPQ and couldn't get into it.

When compared to MPQ, WWEC, and even Doctor Who Legacy, it just didn't click with me.

And I'm not arguing game mechanics with you, if I was still into MtG like I was years ago it would have probably worked.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

It's just unbelievable how overpowered Cena is whenever I face him in VS mode, but whenever I use him, he's a big bunch of meh. I think the main reason I avoid him is that his finisher doesn't destroy any gems, thus lessening my changes of getting more loot boxes at the end.

LET'S GO CENA!

CENA SUCKS!

• Like 1

I managed to clear regular and Hard Gauntlet Blitz this time around.  I didn't have any issue with Show, and I got some real luck cascades and took out a couple guys in one turn.

But FUUUUUUUUUUUCK Hard Mode final boss Owens.  I had to throw half my fucking crew at him before I finally got him.  Him getting ridiculous cascades didn't help.

There's a really weird balance with specials and damage.  Like, all of Triple H's stuff hits for practically nothing.  Then I got myself a 2 star Ryback at level 25, and his red special is knocking off 3000k a hit.  

So I need to beat the easy Blitz to hit 10k gold chips and cash in.  Out of the 22 characters listed, 5 are Attitude Era so I'm going to cross my fingers that I can get one of those.  Booker T would be ideal since he has his own essential node on the Live Tour and counts as Attitude Era.  If not an Attitude Era character, I hope it's Shield Ambrose, as he's required somewhere along the line I think too.

edit: Of course, I got Shield Roman Reigns.  At least I have all three versions of him, that's something I guess.

After complaining about getting no new guys, managed to get 2 star Undertaker, 2 Star Mark Henry,  2 star Ziggler, and NXT Reigns.

Now I'm just really short on Acrobat and Trickster, pretty good on everything else (although my NXT Ambrose is far underleveled)