DVDVR Message Board

WWE Champions

JonnyLaw

Oh no - I am not saying I will get them. I just wanna do it once.

But I do kinda want to shoot my shot over someone I like.

Mainly since I am at the point where the only people I don't have are in those packs

Ok, I was going to be kinda pissed if they changed it and you were guaranteed a certain character since my luck in 30 packs has been abysmal.  I'd have to look back, but I think the first time I bought one only 2 or 3 pulls were new characters.  I hope you have better luck than I did.  My biggest gripe with this game is how new characters are so hard to come by.  Arn is my first new character since I don't remember when, a few months at least I think.  They don't add new characters as fast as say, Marvel Puzzle Quest does, but at least MPQ gives you some real chances to land those new characters without having to just hit one on the luck of the draw.

Yeah, I only did CL7 and settled for top 50 and one cover of Nico in MPQ, I just don't have the drive to play optimally and grind for every point too often anymore.  I try and get one or two covers in the release event and then the progression cover the following event, but I don't bother playing PvP so I cover new characters slowly--but at least I get every new character there.  I wait for a late bracket near the end of the first day and then just make sure to hit 6/6 on all nodes every and I can usually end up top 50 or even top 20 in most events.  I grinded for the new Hulk character and missed top 10 by 3 points and 1 second, the frustration of just missing is one reason why I rarely play that way.

I have Arn at 2 star sliver and just need 4 crowns and some suits to take him to 2 star gold.  I wish they'd go back to color specific TP poster rewards in VS, I know the idea of random rewards is nice and all.  But in reality you just keep pulling purple TP and have every purple move maxed on ecery character and still have 287 purple TP sitting and waiting with nothing to do and can't pull green, red or yellow to save your life.

I went ahead and bought the 30 pack. It was actually 31 since I did have enough Santa hats to buy a pack

What I got

NEW GUYS

Undertaker "American Bad Ass" - 2 Silver

Edge "Brood" - 2 Silver

Diesel - 2 Silver

Mankind - 2 Bronze

Yokozuna - 2 Bronze

Batista - 2 Bronze

Enzo - 2 Bronze

(So that is 5 Superstars, 1 Powerhouse, 1 Acrobat)

FUSE

Big Show (The base Trickster one) up to 2 Silver

DUPLICATES

Seth Rollins "Architect" (3)

Kofi Kingston (2)

Big Show (3) - Yup I got 4 Big Show's in total

John Cena "HLR" (1)

Big John Studd (2)

Dean Ambrose "NXT" (3)

Bray Wyatt (1)

Booker T "What the Technican one is called" (3)

HHH "Authority" (1)

Roman Reigns "The Powerhouse one" (2)

Seth Rollins "NXT" (1)

Big E (1)

All in all not too bad as most of my dupes are guys I am still leveling up so the +20 for each Dupe is a help. I don't know who is good of my new guys group. I just know that American Bad Ass Taker has kicked my ass from time to time.  I don't think I am ever gonna touch Enzo

ABA Taker is pretty great I got him early on and he has carried my roster since. His moves are strong at 3 stars bronze his finisher and base red move will do over 20,000 combined if you can get them ready on the same turn.

According to Reddit, Enzo actually seems to be the best guy to use for gauntlet blitz due to his ability to heal himself.  I’ve got acrobat Dolph set to where he can create and destroy 7 health gems worth around 1000 each, and he helps me get through the first few guys with almost full health.

33 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Even the regular Blitz was frustrating

And yeah - I don't have Jinder either.

Plus all the slots are specific so you don't have much leeway in who you choose

I think like so many things in this game, it depends on how many ridiculous cascades the AI gets.  First run through it last night I got hammered with cascades left and right and barely escaped.  I just finished up a second run and had minimal cascades against me had 51% health left over.  I'm not even going to try Hard Mode with the requirements since I don't have Jinder either.  I've got enough tickets to run the easy mode another 5 or 6 times to collect the chips though, so I'll probably do that.  But yeah, if you're going to require a specific character on that, he should be a reward in some other event just prior to concurrently to the blitz.

So does the hard mode on Clash of Champions scale to your roster, or is everyone going to have to deal with ridiculously high level opponents.  I didn't even bother trying Brock with my two star silver Arn and had to use 100 cash for Arn to win the other match.  Took me two shots to beat Rollins at the end as well.  

Oh no - it is just flat out hard.

I won the first Arn battle with him in the Danger zone

I beat Rollins only because my Orton is that good (despite the class disadvantage)

I might be able to be their Orton but I doubt I will get beyond that

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Oh no - it is just flat out hard.

I won the first Arn battle with him in the Danger zone

I beat Rollins only because my Orton is that good (despite the class disadvantage)

I might be able to be their Orton but I doubt I will get beyond that

That's what I was wondering.  I think Rollins had almost 60K health, I can survive that with my 2.5 star silver Xaiver Woods as long as I don't get hit with a bad cascade or two, but anyone with a 2 star gold or silver where the move damage maxes out around 5K and has lower health will have a lot of trouble.