DVDVR Message Board

WWE Champions

JonnyLaw

I am also a little annoyed that they have bumped the cost of Mega Packs up to 12000.

I am up to 8K saved and I was like "Won't be much longer now..." and then I noticed a week or two ago that the 30 pack bundle now costs the aforementioned 12K (and the single pack is up to 500 as opposed to the normal 400)

The premium superstar packs are basically worthless to me now as there are only 2 or 3 guys in them I don't have

The scaling on the gauntlets is getting ridiculous.  My highest health is Cena at just under 50k.  The last three guys I faced on hard mode were 60K, 66K, and 70K.  Especially when are limiting most of your team to two specific character groups, it shouldn't be this drastic at all.  Especially since the rewards used to be 2K gold chips and 200 early on, and now it's 1500 and 100.  You can give all the free tickets you want, but when the prize values drop and the difficulty rises, the incentive to play just isn't there.

Its really weird how the did that

I have been noticing that in the hard modes of the special events too where like the last two guys are 5K but the reward is like 8000

Its not worth the effort after getting the leaves

Yeah, I only play the easy mode on the special events.  It's not worth trying hard mode because even with strong 3 star bronze characters I can't get through them all without having to spend cash to save myself on one or two of the matches because the AI always hits some insane cascade where they are matching a color they don't need instead of one they can use, which wouldn't lead to the cascade of course.

The key to gauntlet is to have one or two quality guys, some decent guys, and then two or three guys you've barely leveled up.  Normally if I do one gold two star guy, several silver two stars, and a couple of barely leveled up guys, I can beat hard relatively easily.

Here's a talent calculator that shows what the lineup you'll face is: http://wwe-champions.guide/gauntlet-blitz/talent-calculator.html

But like gatling said - it isn't so much the talent as when they force you to use certain classes

So like I just ran it this morning and since its 80% strikers and acrobats,  I used like 4 guys who are total chumps and it was still really dicey on normal mode

Granted Enzo got two stupid cascades and I almost chucked my phone off the balcony

11 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

The key to gauntlet is to have one or two quality guys, some decent guys, and then two or three guys you've barely leveled up.  Normally if I do one gold two star guy, several silver two stars, and a couple of barely leveled up guys, I can beat hard relatively easily.

Here's a talent calculator that shows what the lineup you'll face is: http://wwe-champions.guide/gauntlet-blitz/talent-calculator.html

So I tried this like you said.  2 star gold striker Taker, four 2 star silver characters ranging from 1595 to 756  in talent, and then three scrub 2 star bronze guys.  The projected first opponent is rated higher than two of my guys by about 200 points.  By the third match, only two of my guys would be higher rated, by the fifth match only Taker would be higher rated, and by the 7th match he's the underdog.  Now, if you could choose any 9 guys and be able to play the class advantages, that's not terrible and you can probably pull it off easily enough.  But when 7 of your 9 guys come from two classes and they don't get the advantage much at all, it becomes a lot harder.  I've got a pretty good roster, and I won last night with 4% health left and 8 guys dead.  

Using my best roster(which IMO, should be the way you play this game) I have three guys lower than the first opponent, essentially 5 guys equal to or lower than the 2nd opponent meaning only  my three star guys are clearly higher ranked than the 2nd guy I'm facing, and by match 6 I'm at a lower level than my opponent with my best guy.  The last opponent is 3000 points higher than my best guy, which last night translated to 20K more health and much higher damage amounts.  On hell mode, I can buy that type of stuff, it should be that difficult because if you beat it three times, that's a chance at opening a box with gold chips, but with the rewards so low on hard mode that you'd have to beat it 6 times to open a box and the difficulty is that high?  Hard pass.

Yeah - my game just installed the update and the free bag popped up (in place of the briefcase)

It also has a fancy graphic that pops up and shows you how many posters of a guy who have when you get duplicates

I did not get the 15 free bags though

Yep, I couldn't even beat Bobby Roode in match #4.  I started off against a 3300 Shane McMahon and Roode was at almost 5300.  I'd love to see how high the last match was.  Oh well, I guess they gave me 225 free silver chips since they gave us the 155 tickets to play the damn thing.

Apparently - as much as it sucks - you should do one on each side

They are doing some sort of contest where the "winning" side gets some sort of prize

And they are going by which blitz is picked the most