DVDVR Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
RIPPA

WWE & NXT NOMINATION THREAD

My yearly debate of whether to include Dolph Ziggler begins anew

ELIGIBILITY TIME PERIOD: March 1, 2016 - February 28, 2017

I'll get the easy ones out of the way: Styles, Cena, Miz, Owens, Jericho, Reigns. Balor may have been on the shelf too much, Rollins hasn't really had that good of a year, and Ziggler is Ziggler. Nakamura and the Revival from NXT. Sasha and Charlotte for sure, with Bayley, Becky, and Bliss as possibles.

Edit: And Samoa Joe, of course, although how the rest of this month plays out may affect his standing.

Edited by Godfrey
  • Like 2

I'm going to reverse my position from last year and ask that you not waste a spot on Ziggler that could go to someone that has a prayer of getting out of the first round.

14 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

I'm going to reverse my position from last year and ask that you not waste a spot on Ziggler that could go to someone that has a prayer of getting out of the first round.

That is kinda of what I was implying in my first statement

I clearly don't like Ziggler but that doesn't perclude me from included folks like that (hence folks like Ambrose and Orton will make it too)

However - like you said, it is worth putting him in a spot if he is assured losing in the first round no matter what

I know he loses points for getting basically shafted from fall onward, but Sami Zayn from WrestleMania weekend through the summer deserves all the love.

• Like 1

I'll proudly be the first time nominate Jack Gallagher. 

Also, Braun hasn't gotten a shout yet, and it would feel incomplete if he wasn't included.

Also, just from the CWC, Kota Ibushi and Cedric Alexander seem like pretty good calls.

Becky Lynch, Alexa Bliss, Asuka, Kendrick, Gallagher. (Feel free to not be surprised by those.)

I guess Chris Hero goes here. 

For NXT: I'd say YES to Joe, Nakamura, The Revival, DIY, AoP, Jose, Asuka, Dillinger.  MAYBE to American Alpha (putting them here cause they were a bigger deal in NXT than SDL), Almas, Billie/Peyton (as a duo), Aries, Balor

For WWE: YES to Styles, Reigns, Owens, Jericho, New Day, Rusev, Zayn, Braun, Sasha, Charlotte, Bayley, Becky, Alexa, The Miz. MAYBE to Corbin, Harper, Wyatt, Orton, Cena (mostly due to his time off), Rollins, Ambrose, Kallisto

CWC/205live: YES: Ibushi, Kendrick, Alexander, Gallagher, Neville, Swann, Metalik (or should he be in the Lucha noms?). MAYBE: Perkins, Gulak, Tozawa (I didn't see much of his japan work in the past year to be sure),   

On February 4, 2017 at 1:11 PM, Lacelle said:

I'd like to nominate Cesaro 

Scruffy+seconds+dat+dat+_0bff307ba40569b

• Like 1

since he is currently contracted to WWE, I'm gonna post here to second Gran Metallik/Mascara Dorada. Dude had one of my favorite matches in both promotions I saw him in last year (vs. Tajiri, w/ Dragon Lee & Guerrero Maya Vs. Gran Guerrero/Euforia/Niebla Roja).

My locks: Styles, Banks, Charlotte, Cesaro, Owens, Revival, Miz, Reigns, Jericho, DIY, Bayley and Zayn.

Holy fuck does the decision not to include Ziggler this year really have to involve head scratching and navel gazing?

Sign in to follow this