DVDVR Message Board

So, How's It Going?

Gonzo

3 hours ago, Casey said:

The only thing I've really learned is that a lot of people would benefit from using the ignore feature in the future.

One million percent. 

I would have left here years ago without it. 

Honestly, there are times I log into certain threads and see a string of at least 15-20 ignored posts.

And I'm all the better for it.

(And I am more than happy to know many of those same people have me on ignore too.) 

I don't ignore anyone.  Even if I seriously disagree with something they say today, they may have something valid tomorrow.  Or, at the very least, maybe they're entertaining.  There are a few people who post massive blocks of text and others whose opinions are just usually ridiculous to me, but I just skim or scroll past them.  As others have said, there's something kind of shitty about just blocking every post by someone.  It's also easy for them to figure out they're blocked, which sucks.

I had a guy here block me because I used the term "fake fighting."  Understand, I use that when people are taking this shit way too seriously, not to deride what anybody does for a living.  But this guy, I guess, is a worker of some sort (though I've never heard of him), and I guess he had to stand up for the beyond reproach sanctity of dudes in their drawers pretending to fight, so I got blocked.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Haha 1

I don't get the sense that there are that many people that use the ignore feature on people just for disagreeing with them. I had only one person on ignore for years just for posts I found superfluous. I added 3 or 4 others recently and that alone makes the threads and conversations hard to navigate. It would be a better board if everyone could just maintain a certain level of respect for one another, but we all seem to have different ideas about where that line should be.

I don't have anyone on ignore right now. A few people who I had on ignore got banned. A few others, I found I was clicking to view their posts anyway, so I took them off ignore.

8 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Hell, AxB and I just had a low key and quite gentlemanly argument over Cody that I'm quite proud of.  ?

Indeed. I'm pretty upset about Thibs breaking my 'Making friends with the person you had an argument with' streak.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

I don't get the sense that there are that many people that use the ignore feature on people just for disagreeing with them. I had only one person on ignore for years just for posts I found superfluous. I added 3 or 4 others recently and that alone makes the threads and conversations hard to navigate. It would be a better board if everyone could just maintain a certain level of respect for one another, but we all seem to have different ideas about where that line should be.

I use it for people who annoy the piss out of me, or are just flat out rude or confrontational for no reason (Vic). Which I'm sure some would say I could be considered as all of those. But that's why the ignore function is there. I saw a post in this thread in the last few pages that reminded me why I have someone blocked, for example. Just some stupid, petty shit. And while this may be a community, and some people barbecue together or have known some for 20 years or whatever or did road reports for shows, etc. whatever, I'd wager to some others it's ultimately just a message board to discuss a variety of topics and nothing more.

I just woke up, I'm cranky, get off my lawn etc.

10 hours ago, Zimbra said:

I use ignore often, enthusiastically, and without remorse and I think my experience here is much better for it.

The only other forum I use regularly has a 5 user limit on their ignore list and it's like Sophie's Choice, but for which shitheads' bad opinions I want to see.

The hell with all this introspective shit. How is Bruce?

Not to derail the intraboard discussion, but:

My stepdad has now spent the last full week in the hospital, and is likely to be there at least a couple more. He went from our local hospital, to a larger one, to the ICU of that one in a few days. He's had more units of blood than the human body actually holds and a kidney removed. He's been severely anemic and his internal bleeding was caused by his blood thinners suddenly making his blood stop clotting at all.

On top of that, he has severe degenerative arthritis in one of his knees that needs repaired, but that's clearly well down the list now.

• Sad 9

19 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

My stepdad has now spent the last full week in the hospital, and is likely to be there at least a couple more. He went from our local hospital, to a larger one, to the ICU of that one in a few days. He's had more units of blood than the human body actually holds and a kidney removed. He's been severely anemic and his internal bleeding was caused by his blood thinners suddenly making his blood stop clotting at all.

On top of that, he has severe degenerative arthritis in one of his knees that needs repaired, but that's clearly well down the list now.

That's awful. Prayers and best wishes you and your stepdad. I'm here and on FB if you want to let anything out.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Sorry to read/hear this, @Brian Fowler. If you want to natter here or on Facebook, I'll be there. Same for anybody else.

On 7/25/2019 at 2:40 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Brian: Good thoughts and prayers from me as well, you don't mention what basic condition is causing this and I'm not a doctor so I'll just comment on what I've had experience with... Back in Seattle my wife had her blood supply completely replaced four times as the result of weird reactions to a transfusion. Thank God they found out that the blood thinners were causing more problems than they helped, years ago I had a bad experience with blood thinners, cut myself shaving as I was bleeding like Dusty Rhodes in a cage match. 1/4 inch surface cut, but it wouldn't stop, ended up going to emergency. I'm sure that you know this, but we only need one kidney, why we have two is anyone's guess.

As for the knee stuff? Remember three or four years ago when I mentioned having to get my knees replaced? Yeah, still haven't done it and I get around fine. The left one hurts like a fury when there's a sudden temperature or barometric pressure change, but what the hell, that's what oxy is for. All best to your stepdad, you don't mention how old a person he is, and that does make a difference in how quick you bounce back from stuff like this.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 4:40 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Prayers and love out to you, man.  I know it's hard watching the senior male figure in your life go through bad shit.   That's the hard bastard that you thought would outlive everyone when you were a kid.

I thought it would get easier as time went by to go to the adult care facility to visit my dad, but it hasn't.

Alzheimer's can eat gigantic bag of shit.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

21 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Prayers and love out to you, man.  I know it's hard watching the senior male figure in your life go through bad shit.   That's the hard bastard that you thought would outlive everyone when you were a kid.

I thought it would get easier as time went by to go to the adult care facility to visit my dad, but it hasn't.

Alzheimer's can eat gigantic bag of shit.

So sorry, my friend xxx. My Nan had Dementia. Such a horrible disease.

I always wear the blue flower badge for Dementia/Alzheimer's and Marie Curie's yellow daffodil who looked after my Mum/a best friend on my two coats.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I always wear the blue flower badge for Dementia/Alzheimer's and Marie Curie's yellow daffodil who looked after my Mum/a best friend on my two coats.

That's a beautiful tradition, man. I may have to take that up myself.

• Thanks 1

Used to post here as either PowerPB13(my original AOL screen name) or Patrick B. Eventually asked to be banned on my original account since I felt like I was only arguing with people.  Let the wrestling consume my life far too much and I'm working on indulging in other hobbies.

I miss when wrestling was my biggest concern in life. I lived "at home" until my late 20s when my mom passed away fairly young(lung cancer). Since that time I've been figuring out what's going on on my head and it seems like it's Asperger's, which is a tough adjustment when you find out at age 40. Lost my two dogs in recent years and a previous roommate bailed on me without paying their last three months of rent, so it's just me. (None of this is an excuse for being an asshole on here, of course.)

I always refer to life as a roller coaster ride. I'm on antidepressants and a few other medications since I don't take care of myself like I should. On the bright side, I've got a good job and the stand-up comedy thing is going well, plus my area's independent rasslin scene(while recently infected with the drama bug) is usually a fun time with some cool people.

• Like 10

Yay, big-ass leak in the bathroom ceiling just made basically my upstairs neighbor’s entire shower water flood the floor and hallway carpets. The wife and I agreed that we need to put in our notice (because this is result of a half-ass sealing job the landlord did on our last leak) and look to a new place within 30 days.

I know we need it, but I HATE being rushed, and going from zero to BUSY BEE in a snap is going to be HELL.

• Sad 3

It’s gonna be a long day of tracking down friends and family.  Two friends were on the way to Cielo Vista when they got the alert.  One lives two blocks away and nobody has heard from her yet. Another is in lockdown in the hospital where the casualties are going.  She’s a psychiatry professor.  I don’t even want to imagine what her day is like today. 

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Some days, not all, I hate this country oh so much. Another senseless slaughter of innocents.

And will our lawmakers do anything about current gun laws? No, of course not. Fucking misreading of the Second Amendment will continue.

Robert, I hope your friends are okay; this is just awful. Worse is that I know it isn't going to change a fucking thing.

And since it's in Texas, you can't exactly make the gun laws much less strict than they already are. Pretty much anyone or anything can get a gun if they want one and just walk around with it.

• Like 1