DVDVR Message Board
Gonzo

So, How's It Going?

Got a letter today that our homeowner's insurance is being canceled for filing too many claims. We've had three in the last five years thanks to severe windstorms. Mind you, the third claim was only a claim because they refused to accept that we needed a new roof at the time of the 2nd claim so they ended up paying for the same repairs twice. 

In reading up on this, apparently if we can't successfully appeal the cancelation, we're hosed. Once one company cancels you, the rest refuse to insure you. Oh joy. 

Found out that I did not make it to the interview round for an internal job posting at work. Someone who has sat here in a corner for six months, that I had to train, somehow made the interview round. Frustrated and angry don't even begin to describe my mood. HR not responding to my request for feedback on my application is not making things better.

16 hours ago, Tabe said:

Got a letter today that our homeowner's insurance is being canceled for filing too many claims. We've had three in the last five years thanks to severe windstorms. Mind you, the third claim was only a claim because they refused to accept that we needed a new roof at the time of the 2nd claim so they ended up paying for the same repairs twice. 

In reading up on this, apparently if we can't successfully appeal the cancelation, we're hosed. Once one company cancels you, the rest refuse to insure you. Oh joy. 

I ended up changing companies over it, but my car insurance went up $500+ because someone backed their truck into me. Insurance companies are the devil

• Like 1
  • Sad 1