DVDVR Message Board

So, How's It Going?

Gonzo

On 9/4/2019 at 1:38 PM, Super Ape said:

Bloodwork came in and wheeeeeeeeeeee type 2 diabetes is in full swing, fucked up kidneys and all!

They gave me meds to deal with blood pressure (and to treat the kidneys), plus a vitamin D supplement (for different reasons). I really don’t want to have to give up tasty things, Goddammit.

I just gave up sugar sodas, and that maintains my blood sugar between 90 and 110 or so. I try to stay under 20g of sugar/serving with anything else.

Edited by Ace

21 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

It's Houston.  It's flooding again. 

I'm stuck at the office.  All roads on the way home are flooded.  So, I guess I'm stuck here. And the clients that came for a consultation didn't bring any money. 

Whooops. Here I am making with the funny while you guys are posting about real stuff. Apologies for the bad timing.

Edited by OSJ

So I’m on the meds now. They include some stuff to treat my kidneys and blood pressure, a vitamin D supplement, and a higher dose of the Zoloft I was taking that wasn’t cutting it. (Did you know they can find your serotonin levels in bloodwork? I didn’t until a few weeks ago.)

The Zoloft seems to be working. I’m not constantly aching and depressed anymore, and I actually have the energy to do stuff now. It’s weird. I’ve actually started doing some much-needed cleaning around the house and car, and soon I’ll probably be doing UberEats deliveries again for extra spending money/to pay down my student loans.

Is this... adulting?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Super Ape said:

So I’m on the meds now. They include some stuff to treat my kidneys and blood pressure, a vitamin D supplement, and a higher dose of the Zoloft I was taking that wasn’t cutting it. (Did you know they can find your serotonin levels in bloodwork? I didn’t until a few weeks ago.)

The Zoloft seems to be working. I’m not constantly aching and depressed anymore, and I actually have the energy to do stuff now. It’s weird. I’ve actually started doing some much-needed cleaning around the house and car, and soon I’ll probably be doing UberEats deliveries again for extra spending money/to pay down my student loans.

Is this... adulting?

Sounds like they got the mix right first time out, that's terrific! I was going to say be very careful as there's a commonly prescribed blood pressure drug that has a really nasty side effect if the subject has any sort of kidney problems; basically it causes full-on renal shut-down. Been there, done that, saw the movie, was not fun...  It's funny that one of the main indicators that you aren't getting enough serotonin in your system is physical pain, but at least that's hard to ignore. Energy is a very useful indicator of where you're at, I'm not saying that you need to be bouncing off the walls like an over-caffinated version of Bobcat Goldthwait, but if you find yourself stringing a bunch of days together where you pretty much do nothing more taxing than turning the tv on, then chances are good that you're under-medicated. 

Sounds like things are all moving in the right directions! Good on ya, hope things continue to go well. 

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 12:06 PM, MORELOCK said:

Lost two of the kindest people I've ever known in the last two days. One to a freak drowning, one to suicide. And my curmudgeonly ass still gets to walk around. 

Life is fucking stupid sometimes. 

Honor their memory by trying to be less of a curmudgeon, dude.  That's all you can really do.

@bobholly138. Congratulations to your son who can skip ninth grade so if he chooses.

@RazorbladeKiss87. I'm very sorry for your loss. Glad the gentlemen from the funeral home was a pro, that's what you need at the saddest of times.

@BrianS81177. Sorry about your Granddad's Parkinson's. A horrible thing to have and to see what it does. My Grandad had it longer than anyone where I live, 27 years.

Conggratulations, @Stefanie the Human.

@Eivion, hope your Dad's feeling better. I find it a dilemma whether to tell people how I'm doing or not because I've good and bad experiences when I've done so and you don't want to be giving anguish to your loved ones.

@MORELOCK, sorry to hear that you've lost two kind people in the space of two days. Condolences I send.

Good to hear the Zoloft is working for you, @Super Ape!

• Like 6

12 hours ago, The Natural said:

@bobholly138. Congratulations to your son who can skip ninth grade so if he chooses.

@RazorbladeKiss87. I'm very sorry for your loss. Glad the gentlemen from the funeral home was a pro, that's what you need at the saddest of times.

@BrianS81177. Sorry about your Granddad's Parkinson's. A horrible thing to have and to see what it does. My Grandad had it longer than anyone where I live, 27 years.

Conggratulations, @Stefanie the Human.

@Eivion, hope your Dad's feeling better. I find it a dilemma whether to tell people how I'm doing or not because I've good and bad experiences when I've done so and you don't want to be giving anguish to your loved ones.

@MORELOCK, sorry to hear that you've lost two kind people in the space of two days. Condolences I send.

Good to hear the Zoloft is working for you, @Super Ape!

Thank you, @The Natural

• Thanks 1