DVDVR Message Board

So, How's It Going?

Gonzo

Was just in a car wreck about an hour and a half ago. Asshole ran a red light and took out the front of my mom's minivan. I'm fine(some minor back pain, but nothing too bad). He was uninsured, but that God for the uninsured option on our insurance. 

Yesterday, I enjoyed something countless WCW workers also enjoyed for over a decade - depositing a biweekly check from Turner Broadcasting. 

(While I’m at it - obviously, my views are my own and do not reflect the views of Turner Broadcasting, Time Warner, or their subsidiaries,  etc, etc, etc)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Control said:

I am grading and it’s the worst.

My father spent more than 40 years as a professor.  Everybody in the family knew to stay way the hell away from him when he was grading.  I'd hear him clear across the house bitching at people's test papers when I was a kid.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Robert C said:

My father spent more than 40 years as a professor.  Everybody in the family knew to stay way the hell away from him when he was grading.  I'd hear him clear across the house bitching at people's test papers when I was a kid.

A brief Facebook discussion with colleagues revealed that it’s not unusual to grade wearing a mouth guard. Shit is onerous and stressful.

• Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 6:32 PM, Kuetsar said:

Was just in a car wreck about an hour and a half ago. Asshole ran a red light and took out the front of my mom's minivan. I'm fine(some minor back pain, but nothing too bad). He was uninsured, but that God for the uninsured option on our insurance. 

Holy fuck, get to a doctor and get checked out.  My boo was in an auto wreck a couple of years ago and complained about minor back pain.  She shrugged it off for about a year or two until a routine examination at her gastrologists discovered that she had two herniated discs that were degenerating under the pressure of her spinal column.

She was able to correct the situation by going to a chiropractor rather than having surgery, but don't fuck around with any issues you may be having with your back. 

Chronic back pain sucks, so take steps now to see that you don't suffer from it later.

29 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Holy fuck, get to a doctor and get checked out.  My boo was in an auto wreck a couple of years ago and complained about minor back pain.  She shrugged it off for about a year or two until a routine examination at her gastrologists discovered that she had two herniated discs that were degenerating under the pressure of her spinal column.

She was able to correct the situation by going to a chiropractor rather than having surgery, but don't fuck around with any issues you may be having with your back. 

Chronic back pain sucks, so take steps now to see that you don't suffer from it later.

What J.T. said. Chronic back pain sucks. I'm at the point now that I need 30mg of oxy to get out of bed in the morning. 

13 minutes ago, Mickie Zeidler said:

Your boo should go to physical therapy rather than a quack  who will forever "adjust" her rather than dealing with the actual problem.

At least I now know you are a fellow fan of Penn & Tellers Bullshit.

• Like 3

As an update, it turns out that I had liability only so no replacement $$$ for us. Stuck with a $200 plus towing bill too. Gonna have to take the guy to small claims court, and hope for the best. Had an appointment at the free clinic today(complete coincidence as I had a follow up scheduled for going up to 90 on my cymbalta and going on some blood pressure meds). Luckily no bruising or anything though I have some minor soreness,and the PA was nice enough to write an order for some massage therapy, as the insurance pays up to $500 for medical. Still could have been a lot worse, as it was the front of the van that took the brunt. If I was a few more feet out I would have been t boned. . . .

My father, who is 77, has been down since Monday night with the flu.  He refused to go to a doctor till he got to the point where my mother called fucking EMS and had em drag his ass to the hospital this afternoon.  He's already back home, and should be OK.  Provided my mother doesn't shoot him, that is.  Living proof that even highly intelligent people aren't afraid to do really fucking dumb things.

What a week, its like its been out of the twilight zone. Monday is my car wreck that I avoided being t-boned by a few feet. Yesterday my mom is driving in my POS 96 Hyundai and is bumped on the road, thankfully no damage or injuries. Then last night there was a police shooting on the road that leads to our cul-de-sac, which is bad enough(no where near our house, thankfully) but it stopped all deliveries, and because Pocatello is a rindky dink town, it looks like we might now not get a bunch of Christmas presents from UPS that were supposed to be delivered yesterday.  Not above the poor guy who had the police standoff, but still inconvienent. Like I said its been a weird week. . . .

On 21.12.2017 at 11:21 PM, dogwelder said:

Came down with a cold that's apparently turned into sinusitis.  Thankfully it's apparently not the flu.  What a horrible time to get sick.

Getting a feverish cold somewhere between December, 23th and January, 6th (my yearly Christmas vacation) has become a tradition for me. Last year I was lying down on New Year's Eve, two years ago it hit me a day after New Year's Day and the year before I got a stomach flu on December, 27th. This year it started early, I just took the temperature and it was at (according to the Google calculator, I know nothing about Fahrenheit) 102 °F (38.8 °C). I hope to be somewhat okay by tomorrow evening (the main celebration time of Christmas over here).

On 12/23/2017 at 1:52 PM, Robert s said:

Getting a feverish cold somewhere between December, 23th and January, 6th (my yearly Christmas vacation) has become a tradition for me. Last year I was lying down on New Year's Eve, two years ago it hit me a day after New Year's Day and the year before I got a stomach flu on December, 27th. This year it started early, I just took the temperature and it was at (according to the Google calculator, I know nothing about Fahrenheit) 102 °F (38.8 °C). I hope to be somewhat okay by tomorrow evening (the main celebration time of Christmas over here).

Somebody in our family almost always get sick.  One year I had the flu and it sucked having to stay home on my birthday while my family went out (thankfully my wife stayed home too)  This year my sister's family all got a stomach bug.  First it was the two kids during the week, then my sister go it and then my brother in law.  He was a mess Christmas Eve but thankfully he was fine yesterday.  Somebody being sick has almost become a tradition in itself at Christmastime.

As it took longer to get rid of the fever than I hoped (I think it has finally gone now) I went to the doctor yesterday and she told me that this year was especially bad. She got loads of whole families in her office all suffering from the same thing (either a stomach bug or a feverish cold).

On 12/11/2017 at 7:33 AM, J.T. said:

Holy shit, dude!  Were you near the blast?

Ft. Lee is on Amber because of that shit.  So much for going off post for lunch today.

And it's official. My father has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.  I'm really fucking bummed right now.

Sorry to hear about that JT - my Mom got diagnosed with it awhile back and Christmas was the first time where it was really obvious that it was hitting her bad and quick.  I've gotten used to her short term memory being non-existent, but when she asked how my great Uncle was doing, who's been dead for over a decade and then couldn't remember seeing me Christmas Eve when we saw each other the next day ... well it has be savoring the time as much as I can right now.  

If any of you have heard of that Moviepass thing and are thinking of getting it..... DON'T. 

I ordered two 6 month subscriptions on the 28th, and specified that I wanted the activation emails to be sent out that same day. After several hours and no email, I log into my account and see it says the emails will be sent on Dec 28th, 2018. Since that time I have posted on their facebook page multiple times, emailed them 4 times, and sent literally a dozen private messages between Facebook and Twitter. No response. The only response anyone can seem to get out of them are bot responses such as "Hello (insert name here). We're sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties with your account. Please send us a private message with your email address and a description of the problem and we will investigate." If you look on their facebook page there are an overwhelming number of negative comments about them. Stay away unless you wanna fluch money down the toilet. 

Someone who used to be very important to be died on December 31. She was having lots of issues (tried committing suicide twice in 2017), but was seemingly overcoming them. That being said, I'm pretty sure she committed suicide, although I think it might be worse if she was just in an accidental house fire, when she was seemingly turning things around.

My feelings for her had faded, but this still hurts way too much. I am glad we at least got in a civil conversation before she died. I feel terrible for her parents, and her two kids. Really scared for the kids, because they have different birth fathers, and I am worried they are going to be separated from one another now.

If this doesn't make much sense, I haven't slept much since getting the news Sunday afternoon. Brain is still going a mile a minute about this.

• Sad 6

5 hours ago, Dewar said:

Someone who used to be very important to be died on December 31. She was having lots of issues (tried committing suicide twice in 2017), but was seemingly overcoming them. That being said, I'm pretty sure she committed suicide, although I think it might be worse if she was just in an accidental house fire, when she was seemingly turning things around.

My feelings for her had faded, but this still hurts way too much. I am glad we at least got in a civil conversation before she died. I feel terrible for her parents, and her two kids. Really scared for the kids, because they have different birth fathers, and I am worried they are going to be separated from one another now.

If this doesn't make much sense, I haven't slept much since getting the news Sunday afternoon. Brain is still going a mile a minute about this.

Sorry for your loss, bro. You don't get over it but you will get through it.

As I posted a couple of months ago, I lost one of my best friends to suicide last year, his dad was just over to say "good-bye" the other day, he's moving to Vegas where he has a new job waiting for him.