DVDVR Message Board

REBOOTED Feb 2017 Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

8 hours ago, Toolman said:

I know Kofi was apart of a team that consisted of Kofi, Kane, Big Show, and Santino and took on The Corre.  I was at that Mania.  I need to get to another because it's the only one I've been to and I don't want to say that the only Mania I've been to included Miz in the main event plus included the in ring debuts of Snooki and Michael Cole.

I was there and have no recollection of Snooki or Cole at all.

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

Did they give it right back to Alexa, Bockwinkel-style? Because that'd be some awesome heat.

They teased doing that - instead they did Alexa/Becky and had Alexa win the title back that way (by chopping Becky in the throat)

A cool Wrestlemania moment, IF they do the SmackDown woman's ladder match Naomi (if she is cleared to wrestle) comes out as a surprise entrant and regains the title in her hometown. And then Becky can turn heel on her on the next SmackDown,

10 hours ago, Craig H said:

Oh my goodness. In the latest WO Radio, Meltzer revealed that WWE is recycling shots from past shows to use during a broadcast when they're not getting a reaction they want. They specifically talked about this for a Roman Reigns segment.

On the one hand, they're using b-roll footage to help their TV broadcasts. On the other hand, and I acknowledge that they likely do this for other wrestlers, it's pathetic to see the lengths they'll go through to show Roman as a babyface. I'm starting to doubt Roman will turn heel at WM.

That explains why green shirt/tan hat guy is at every show, so it's easy to "splicey splicey (OSW tm)". 

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

The only Wrestlemania, WWE show, or even wrestling event I've been to was WM 25.

That's a good show for your first wrestling event: A WrestleMania, The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels classic, Ricky Steamboat's awesome comeback and the dire Triple H vs. Randy Orton main event.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Yep. All someone has to do is notice that whenever any wrestler comes out, you instantly see several signs for them around the arena that weren't there before. It's not exclusive to Reigns, and they've been doing it for a while.

On the edited one hour version of RAW on SKY 1, they cut to old crowd shots whenever there's a weapon strike (it airs at 11AM on Sundays). And when I say old crowd shots, I mean pre-HD. It's usually Hardy girls from about 1999-2000.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I only clicked post once. Oh well. The WWE seems to have a few too many commentators on staff now, are they planning on letting someone go soon?

1 hour ago, AxB said:

I'm pretty sure I only clicked post once. Oh well. The WWE seems to have a few too many commentators on staff now, are they planning on letting someone go soon?

There is the constant rumor that Vince doesn't like Mauro and he will be gone soon but that just seems to stem from the fact that they stuffed Tom Phillips there after the death of Superstars