DVDVR Message Board

REBOOTED Feb 2017 Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

Has any member of New Day won a match at Mania? Last year they somehow lost to the soon-to-be-disbanded League of Nations, I know Big E and Dolph lost to Hell No one year, and Kofi's jobbed in some MITB matches. Maybe Kofi snuck one in somewhere.

3 and 4-way matches at Mania should be abolished.

Enzo/Cass should have gotten the titles from New Day after a build anyway, instead of the stupid "Hey that record is broken so we'll immediately get the titles off you guys now" booking.

Wait, WTF? I thought you guys were joking about a Paige movie.

Just had a look on IMDB. There's totally a movie about Paige's family. Written and directed by Stephen Merchant. What the hell is going on? And why isn't Paige playing Paige?

On 2/19/2017 at 3:26 PM, Victator said:

That is why guys like Jack Swagger can have high end matches for years, then people poo on him after WWE buries him for awhile. 

Last I saw of him (last year), Swaggie was still having high-end matches on Superstars and Main Event against the likes of Owens and Corbin. 

• Like 1

On 19.2.2017 at 9:52 PM, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Edit: Double post.  I'll put something useful here eventually.

Edit 2: What the hell?   Heimo Ukonselkä was on WWE TV?  I have no memory of this (apparently, this segment was only the app)

hqdefault.jpg

I really want Vince to sign Ukonselkä but he's kinda got the same issue Dave Mastiff has.  He looks like he's a monster when he's in whatever ring he's in, but he's not actually a huge guy.  He's billed at 6'3", 230 so he would look less monstrous in with a guy like Corbin or Stroman.

While this would be amazing, some clever lawyer might use it to file a lawsuit on behalf of finish viking metal band Turisas. Maybe David Otunga could be defense attorney for WWE in exchange for a World title shot.

16 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Has any member of New Day won a match at Mania? Last year they somehow lost to the soon-to-be-disbanded League of Nations, I know Big E and Dolph lost to Hell No one year, and Kofi's jobbed in some MITB matches. Maybe Kofi snuck one in somewhere.

I know Kofi was apart of a team that consisted of Kofi, Kane, Big Show, and Santino and took on The Corre.  I was at that Mania.  I need to get to another because it's the only one I've been to and I don't want to say that the only Mania I've been to included Miz in the main event plus included the in ring debuts of Snooki and Michael Cole.

Oh my goodness. In the latest WO Radio, Meltzer revealed that WWE is recycling shots from past shows to use during a broadcast when they're not getting a reaction they want. They specifically talked about this for a Roman Reigns segment.

On the one hand, they're using b-roll footage to help their TV broadcasts. On the other hand, and I acknowledge that they likely do this for other wrestlers, it's pathetic to see the lengths they'll go through to show Roman as a babyface. I'm starting to doubt Roman will turn heel at WM.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Sin Carne said:

37504979.jpg

I know they might be a thing of contention here but those quick 90 second Wrestlemania squash matches are cool to me. The energy of the crowd when the face hits there finish and gets the 3 is incredible. I'd be all for a mid show confrontation between The New Day and the lower card guys they've been "feuding" with. Especially if the finish involves one of them hitting O'Neal* with a gallon of ice cream, just to tie everything together.

*I said O'Neal cuz he's totally the guy WWE would have get hit in the head with ice cream.

59 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Oh my goodness. In the latest WO Radio, Meltzer revealed that WWE is recycling shots from past shows to use during a broadcast when they're not getting a reaction they want. They specifically talked about this for a Roman Reigns segment.

On the one hand, they're using b-roll footage to help their TV broadcasts. On the other hand, and I acknowledge that they likely do this for other wrestlers, it's pathetic to see the lengths they'll go through to show Roman as a babyface. I'm starting to doubt Roman will turn heel at WM.

I heard that part and laughed because I was like "It took Dave and Bryan this long to notice?"

Because it is painfully obvious now.

And yes - it is not just Roman

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I heard that part and laughed because I was like "It took Dave and Bryan this long to notice?"

Because it is painfully obvious now.

And yes - it is not just Roman

Yep. All someone has to do is notice that whenever any wrestler comes out, you instantly see several signs for them around the arena that weren't there before. It's not exclusive to Reigns, and they've been doing it for a while.

• Like 1