DVDVR Message Board

REBOOTED Feb 2017 Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

This thread making it to the end of the month is proof of just how much work Rippa puts into March Madness (and how little time he has for the rest of the board).

I feel the high water this mark this month was probably the three days we spent discussing food.

I had some delicious pulled pork made in the crock pot yesterday. It was so good I had leftovers for lunch and dinner today.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Web Conn said:

I have no problem with Phillips chasing pussy. Him being engaged is what bothers me. If you wanna chase pussy don't get married. Plain and simple.

You don't know if he and his s/o have an arrangement. It's not 1954 anymore, not every relationship is vanilla.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

Wouldn't it have to be the opposite? 

People were basically dreading La La Land getting Best Picture for being as living proof of how out of touch and insular Hollywood was and worried it was a lock. By definition, that'd make that "the heel movie."

If Moonlight got announced and La La Land was the real winner, then necessarily that would be a textbook Dusty Finish.

The heel winning, then a mixup awarding it to someone else, on the other hand? That's not good Dusty Finishes, that's giving the heel all the hope spots and making your babyface look like a joke who didn't get it done and needed to be saved against the top heel in the company (or: The Starrcade '97 finish.)

Needed the babyface roster to come out and celebrate with La La Land (or a backstage celebration segment with champagne being poured over the babyfaces).

And then maybe Casey Affleck piledriving Faye Dunaway after Damien Chazelle won't cast him in an upcoming project.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lacelle said:

You don't know if he and his s/o have an arrangement. It's not 1954 anymore, not every relationship is vanilla.

Swinger Tom Phillips would make for a great on-screen character. I'm picturing him dressed like "That 70's Guy" Mike Awesome.

• Like 2

So Shaq apparently said his match with Big Show at Mania "probably isn't going to happen". Not sure if this is a kayfabe thing and if it's going to be storyline related, or if it's for real. But if it's for real, what does Show do at Mania now? That leaves a spot open for a match on the Mania card. Why not do a Braun Strowman/Big Show rematch at Mania? Strowman also has nothing to do except win the Andre Battle Royal, so why not give him a higher profile match? Everybody has been raving about their RAW match, so I say do it again but at Mania with Big Show's career on the line and have Braun retire Big Show.

5 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

This thread making it to the end of the month is proof of just how much work Rippa puts into March Madness (and how little time he has for the rest of the board).

Month ain't over yet....

5 hours ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Are you guys fucking serious?  The guy was trying to crush some pussy.  You think Vince McMahon is going to punish him.  He's probably going to become the lead announcer now.  You can;t get fired or punished at work because you tried to cheat on your girlfriend.  He didn't even face fuck anyone...he just talked about it.    

While I don't think he should be punished since its a personal issue, he can certainly be fired. "Offering to face fuck" is not one of the protected reasons to fire someone. My boss could fire me tomorrow because he doesn't like the color shirt I am wearing.

9 hours ago, Victator said:

I keep imagining Mauro is that big stupid fake announcer voice propositioning women. 

True Story. A few years back around the corner from where I used to work, I'm walking late one night, head down, and all of a sudden I hear a familiar voice. It's Mauro Ranallo! Walking down Portland St. with a pretty attractive lady. I was about to tell him how I loved his voice overs of the NOAH shows on the Fight Network  (that tells you around when this happened) but I didn't want to interrupt Mauro Ranallo = ladies man.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Victator said:

I keep imagining Mauro is that big stupid fake announcer voice propositioning women. 

*Unzips pants 

SHADES OF JOHN HOLMES! IT'S TIME FOR SOME SERIOUS FORNICATION! I WANT YOUR TONSILS TO TICKLE THIS PICKLE WITH THE SAME PLAYFULNESS AS CHANCE THE RAPPER'S INSPIRED LYRICS ON "EVERYBODY'S SOMETHING"!!!

• Like 11

15 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

So Shaq apparently said his match with Big Show at Mania "probably isn't going to happen". Not sure if this is a kayfabe thing and if it's going to be storyline related, or if it's for real. But if it's for real, what does Show do at Mania now? That leaves a spot open for a match on the Mania card. Why not do a Braun Strowman/Big Show rematch at Mania? Strowman also has nothing to do except win the Andre Battle Royal, so why not give him a higher profile match? Everybody has been raving about their RAW match, so I say do it again but at Mania with Big Show's career on the line and have Braun retire Big Show.

Show did an interview over the weekend where he basically said that he wants to do it but it seemed like Shaq completely flaked and Show was like "If you aren't going to take it seriously then shut the fuck up. I got better things to do with my time"

Here we go - it was in a WON update but it is straight from WWE.com

It feels like WWE may not be so sure about the Big Show vs. Shaquille O'Neal match at WrestleMania from this interview with Show on the web site which says:

WWE.COM: Last question: You’ve been very vocal about wanting a match with Shaq at WrestleMania, and you just called him out on Twitter over karaoke and doughnuts.

BIG SHOW: I mean, here’s the thing. We shot this off at the ESPY Awards, Shaq said he’s in, I thought this would be a good match for fans to see two giants go at it. And I see Shaq riding around, singing karaoke and stopping in at Krispy Kreme. I’m like, “Hey! If you’re not gonna take it serious, find something else to do!” I’ve given 22 years of my blood, sweat and tears to this business and I’m doing this favor to Shaq. This could be my last WrestleMania. He needs to step up. I’m not trying to be mean, but my time’s valuable. I get it. I don’t have foot powder commercials, car commercials, insurance commercials. I get it. He’s a busy man. But if he’s gonna step in the ring, in my business, at our biggest event of the year? Show me you’re serious. If anything, talk a little trash. Let me know you’re motivated. Because right now? I just get the feeling he’s terrified. He shot his mouth off, he’s in over his head and he’s trying to back out. So just let me know what’s going on, brother. (thanks to David Taylor)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

Have you seen Big Show recently? He doesn't look like a guy whose going to retire anytime soon.

WON just posted an update on the story (basically everything that has already been brought up)

One of WrestleMania 33's planned matches seems to be in serious doubt.

While responding to rumors surrounding his scheduled WrestleMania match against Big Show, Shaquille O'Neal said on his podcast this week that the bout "probably" won't be happening.

"It's not going to happen?" Shaq asked. "That's probably right. It's not my fault, that's all you need to know. It ain't my fault. Oh, it ain't my fault."

Shaq went on to say that the plans likely falling through have nothing to do with him or his management. He said that it isn't definitive that the match is off yet, though things aren't looking good. He claimed that he's still training like it's going to take place and challenged Big Show to meet him wherever he wants to meet, leaving the door open for this to be part of a storyline if the match does occur.

Big Show vs. Shaq had long been penciled in for WrestleMania in Orlando. Shaq appeared at WrestleMania 32 last year as a surprise entrant in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal, where he had a face off with Big Show. They also did an angle where Shaq accepted Big Show's challenge at the ESPY Awards last summer.

Much of the build for the match had been done on social media and based around the two attempting to get in shape for WrestleMania. But speculation that the match could possibly be off began to increase over the last couple of weeks.

In a WWE.com article about his recent weight loss, Big Show said that Shaq not taking the match seriously was why it may not be happening.

"I mean, here’s the thing. We shot this off at the ESPY Awards, Shaq said he’s in, I thought this would be a good match for fans to see two giants go at it. And I see Shaq riding around, singing karaoke and stopping in at Krispy Kreme. I’m like, 'Hey! If you’re not gonna take it serious, find something else to do.'"