DVDVR Message Board

REBOOTED Feb 2017 Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

8 hours ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

Has Cornette ever talked about Johnny K9 on his podcast? Anyone else brought him up in a shoot interview?

K9 was one bad dude. Accused murderer, cocaine selling enforcer for a motorcycle gang. Canadian too, which makes it all the more confusing. Canadians are just so nice. 

There was a video I saw linked to on Twitter which was titled "Cornette on Johnny K9 - I managed a murderer"

It appeared to be from one of Cornette's various rants but I sure as fuck wasn't clicking on it

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Has anyone on here actually tried DDP Yoga? I'm strongly considering getting the Combo pack.

This is old but some folks talk about it here

I have it but fucking suck and only used it a couple of times because clearly I want my heart attack at 45 instead of 65

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Pete said:

Speaking of guys probably not getting a graphic on Raw, Bob Sweetan apparently passed away a couple of weeks ago in his native Canada.

I didn't know what a piece of shit he was. All I knew about him was what I learned on Cornette's Wrestling Gold tapes and that was A. he was spectacularly ugly and B. that his piledriver would cause you to take about 27 bumps.

16 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

You forgot to mention Dave the Clown.  No, I am not making him up

http://www.luchawiki.com/index.php?title=Dave_the_Clown

Yeah, AAA has probably has too many clowns.  I miss the gold old days, when AAA just had too many ninja turtles and wrestling boy band gimmicks.

I miss when the Psycho Circus used to put children in bags and abduct them from the front row.

Maybe they still do that, I haven't watched Lucia Libre in several years.

Maybe I just miss watching Lucha.

19 hours ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

Has Cornette ever talked about Johnny K9 on his podcast? Anyone else brought him up in a shoot interview?

K9 was one bad dude. Accused murderer, cocaine selling enforcer for a motorcycle gang. Canadian too, which makes it all the more confusing. Canadians are just so nice. 

My thought after reading his bio is what exactly do you need to do in Canada before they put you behind bars for a significant length of time?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sabremike said:

My thought after reading his bio is what exactly do you need to do in Canada before they put you behind bars for a significant length of time?

The answer is not beheading and cannibalizing a total stranger on a Greyhound bus, as Will Baker, formerly known as Vince Li, has been given an absolute discharge due to his diagnosis of schizophrenia.

I think the answer to that question is: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luka_Magnotta

3 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Since an old clip making the rounds of Bill Maher's Politically Incorrect reminded me of that time period, I decided to rewatch the episode with Sting, Medusa, Piper, and Heenan. 

It's still awkward how far everyone is from being on the same page.

Was that the one where Maher asks if the fans are "in on the joke" and immediately the wrestlers are coming out fighting because they think he just called wrestling a joke when he just meant were fans smartened up?

41 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

Was that the one where Maher asks if the fans are "in on the joke" and immediately the wrestlers are coming out fighting because they think he just called wrestling a joke when he just meant were fans smartened up?

Yep. When Maher could get a word in edgewise during that first segment, he tried to explain the meaning of that common expression. Of course considering how often Bill steamrolls his guests, I didn't feel the tiniest bit of sympathy. 

Heenan barely got a word in prior to that first commercial break. Sting seemed relatively sane. Piper came off like a maniac. Madusa got to fly under the radar sitting next to Piper, who came off like a maniac. 

4 hours ago, sabremike said:

I forget exactly how the topic of Hell's Angels in Canada came up the one time that a Canadian ended up in a HS class of mine, but I'm pretty sure she brought up drug trafficking bikers and This Hour Has 22 Minutes first.

So, bikers in Canada have a lot of fun

5 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

I forget exactly how the topic of Hell's Angels in Canada came up the one time that a Canadian ended up in a HS class of mine, but I'm pretty sure she brought up drug trafficking bikers and This Hour Has 22 Minutes first.

So, bikers in Canada have a lot of fun

Obviously he was telling you you that it's unwise to stand a Canadian biker in front of the Chicken Cannon. 

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Yep. When Maher could get a word in edgewise during that first segment, he tried to explain the meaning of that common expression. Of course considering how often Bill steamrolls his guests, I didn't feel the tiniest bit of sympathy. 

Heenan barely got a word in prior to that first commercial break. Sting seemed relatively sane. Piper came off like a maniac. Madusa got to fly under the radar sitting next to Piper, who came off like a maniac. 

I think the way to explain it is. During the show nobody is in on the joke. Because the fans want to believe, they want to get wrapped up in it and believe in a more magical world. 

But I get the sense Maher would not get that.