DVDVR Message Board

REBOOTED Feb 2017 Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

Just now, RIPPA said:

Brysynner

Go back a page

Well. That's...interesting.

Anyway, it's eerie (well, not really) how Braun's path at the moment is similar to Ryback's. Ryback was squashing jobbers, managed to get over more than creative wanted him to get over, was put into World title matches anyway and lost them because creative had no intention on pulling the trigger with him, and then wound up jobbing to Mark Henry at WM.

Braun is getting really over now and while he isn't challenging for a World title, he may as well be challenging for the Roman Reigns title. It will be interesting to see how much creative and Vince are behind Braun this Sunday. If the match ends in a DQ and they protect Braun, or if Braun wins somehow, then it will look like they've learned from their mistakes. If he loses, then they've learned nothing and it's going to feel very familiar to what happened to Ryback because when it came time to protect the guy or pull the trigger, they wouldn't do it.

On the other hand, if he wins clean, then it's like they're strapping a rocket onto the guy's back. I'm hoping they protect him and we eventually wind up with Braun vs Brock. That was a match that I thought was an awful idea before. Now I want to watch that match.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ReiseReise said:

The funniest part is that she is aka Barbie Blank. All of the sudden, Kelly Kelly doesn't seem that dumb of a ring name.

Dammit you beat me to it. Barbie Blank is like Richard Blood on the "actual name perfect for wrestling" scale. I guess they thought it just wasn't even dumb ENOUGH for her character, so they just gave her two first names

Also, it's too bad Eva Marie is suspended because her vs. Kelly Kelly might be the best trainwreck match imaginable. 

44 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

2nd in the series the WWE is doing now (the Finn Balor one last week was last week)

I haven't watched this but humanizing Alexa is a bum deal. They should have kayfabed this with her mother as an evil pageant mom or something.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Dammit you beat me to it. Barbie Blank is like Richard Blood on the "actual name perfect for wrestling" scale. I guess they thought it just wasn't even dumb ENOUGH for her character, so they just gave her two first names

Also, it's too bad Eva Marie is suspended because her vs. Kelly Kelly might be the best trainwreck match imaginable. 

I'm pretty sure Eva Marie's suspension ended months ago. She's shooting a movie.

28 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Um, Sandman and Sabu would like to have a word with you

• Like 4

That is hilarious. Reminds me of the Stairway to Hell match where Hak was wrestling on acid and thought Sabu was Godzilla. And of course Sabu broke his jaw in that one and just taped it up. Actually ended up being a pretty good match 

EDIT: 

Ending with a single cane shot was a pretty good move on their part considering the injury. There's a moment where Sandman is standing there with the barbed wire halo bleeding like a sieve and Joey quietly says "oh my god" while the whole crowd, despite the vampires they are, look stunned. 

2 hours ago, Rick said:

There's like three guys on Smackdown alone that's better than Orton (AJ, Cena & Harper). To say Orton is better than Bret is absolute madness and I like Orton 

11 minutes ago, Lacelle said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Bret Hart in 97 was better than Randy Orton in any year. Comparing career to career, anyone who choose Orton has shit taste, no offense.

I'm all for different opinions but strongly disagree Orton is better than Bret. Bret's one of the best wrestlers ever and I have a little more time for Randy to others here.

• Like 1

No trainwreck is as bad as the Briscoe vs Patterson Evening Gown Match. More than Katie Vick, that's still peak "WTF WWE" for me, but the two are incredibly close in terms of pure shittyness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

I haven't watched this but humanizing Alexa is a bum deal. They should have kayfabed this with her mother as an evil pageant mom or something.

Are we not going to discuss her mom being a time traveling version of her and her dad is apparent Coach McGirk. Looking at the still picture at least.

1 hour ago, ReiseReise said:

My personal imagination has always been that Kelly Kelly was created when Vince heard the Bloodhound Gang Song Along comes Mary ("Mary, Maryyyy") once and thought of it as a witty pop-reference

Late 90s novelty hip hop is too contemporary for Vince, he was probably listening to The Monkees "Mary, Mary" instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

Tell me about it. She's had to work hard to get the heel heat she has, actual honest to God heel heat. And she looks like a Disney princess and she's still got heat. It's a great video and her journey should be told but only once she turns face again. I'm going to find it way harder to boo her should I attend a show after seeing that. 

re: Eva Marie

It appears they have decided to not use her again and quietly let her contract run out.

She removed WWE from her Twitter handle a couple of weeks ago that wrestling twitter made a big fuss over.

Plus - pretty much her entire snap chat is her promoting her clothing line she started so it looks like is going the Kaitlyn route

(Not to mention she has talked about how happy she is not have to dye her hair red anymore)