DVDVR Message Board

REBOOTED Feb 2017 Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

Hawkins had a tag title reign, some good matches on Superstars vs Trent Barreta and was part of Tyler Rek's shitty Youtube cartoon. I don't think Rosa won a match in 10 years.

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The answer is going to be David Otunga - 7 years this month

Back in 2010 Otunga guest hosted Raw while still on nxt season one. I swear there were people on this board who declared him the future of the business that night.   

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

Back in 2010 Otunga guest hosted Raw while still on nxt season one. I swear there were people on this board who declared him the future of the business that night.   

As I remember him hosting Raw is what sobered people up. Why do they have four people at the announce table?

1 hour ago, GodzillaPerez said:

Hawkins had a tag title reign, some good matches on Superstars vs Trent Barreta and was part of Tyler Rek's shitty Youtube cartoon. I don't think Rosa won a match in 10 years.

Rosa holds a DQ win over Layla which according to cagematch.net is her only singles win in WWE. Her last WWE contracted singles win not by DQ is when she won the Queen of FCW title by beating AJ Lee

2 hours ago, JohnnyJ said:

As far as unremarkable 10+ year runs go, she has to be top 5. Who would honestly top her?

Sandow would've had a shot if Mizdow didn't catch fire for a few months.

Curtis Axel is a couple years away from the decade mark, but he's a good candidate.

Rosa probably counts total divas as well as her in ring. 

The answer to David Otunga will always be Jennifer Hudson and even he would admit it. Their was an Apollo Crews match on Smackdown where he said at least three times that if he had half the athletic ability Crews did he would have been world champ which caused JBL to nearly die laughing by the third or fourth time. 

Might be Otunga. Two short tag title reigns and wearing a bow-tie with a matching sweater vest/travel mug combination is all he's known for. I can't think of any good matches besides the Miracle on 34th Street Fight and he was good in the battle royal that Santino won to go on to Elimination Chamber but still got his foot tangled in the ropes on the way out.

The Axe-Man lasted a year in the Royal Rumble, I don't care what the record books say.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sin Carne said:

He's probably right too. I rewatched much of Season 1, Otunga really looked like a future main-eventer.

I've been known to call 'em wrong... I picked Otunga as a sure-fire main-event guy.

Weird, I sort of liked Otunga but never really saw him as a future star.

1 hour ago, Victator said:

Why do they have four people at the announce table?

It really makes no sense considering the fact that one of them doesn't actually commentate on the matches themelves.

1 hour ago, GodzillaPerez said:

Might be Otunga. Two short tag title reigns and wearing a bow-tie with a matching sweater vest/travel mug combination is all he's known for. I can't think of any good matches besides the Miracle on 34th Street Fight and he was good in the battle royal that Santino won to go on to Elimination Chamber but still got his foot tangled in the ropes on the way out.

The Axe-Man lasted a year in the Royal Rumble, I don't care what the record books say.

Found the battle royal. Otunga was real good there with Santino at the end. And he did get his leg caught up in the ropes on his way over the top.

What struck me though was yeah it was five years ago and alot of guys in the battle royal but alot of guys are still employed. There was 25 men in the battle royal. 11 of them (Santino, Tyler Reks, Ted DiBiase, Yoshi Tatsu, Drew McIntyre, Justin Gabriel, Ezekiel Jackson, Alex Riley, Derrick Bateman, Precy Watson and Camacho) are all gone. 12 of the guys (The Uso's, Tyson Kidd, The Shinning Stars, Heath Slater, Darren Young, Titus O'Neal, Hunico, Fandango, Curtis Axel and Otunga) have been on the roster the whole time. And Hawkins and Mahal have been fired and rehired.