DVDVR Message Board

REBOOTED Feb 2017 Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

Houston loses by virtue of being the home of Tex-Mex, along with San Antonio.

I mean, I love Tex-Mex a whole lot, but it's not like the real stuff you get in San Diego.

Anywhere with a name ending in "-berto's" > Taco Cabana and all the local Tex-Mex spots and such.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

Taco Cabana?  Get the fuck outta here with that shit.

Sorry bruh. It's Houston. I like Houston. But you're no San Diego.

2 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Bah gawd! That's Smelly McUgly's music! 

So it's a triple threat match now? 

Or are you guys the JeriKO of Mexican cuisine? 

Or are you going one on one with da Undertaker? (He is from Houston)

6 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

On behalf of my hometown of Houston, HOW DARE YOU

5 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Houston loses by virtue of being the home of Tex-Mex, along with San Antonio.

I mean, I love Tex-Mex a whole lot, but it's not like the real stuff you get in San Diego.

Anywhere with a name ending in "-berto's" > Taco Cabana and all the local Tex-Mex spots and such.

5 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

3 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

If you come here and eat at chain restaurants, you're doing it wrong.

As another Houstonian, I felt I must clarify - we don't do Mexican food here, we're the home of the best Tex-Mex. San Antonio could possibly have a claim to if it weren't for the fact that the whole city shuts down at 3 in the afternoon.

Remember in WCW '91, when Barry Windham was teaming with Dustin Rhodes, and Jesse Ventura kept calling them "Texacans"? How insulting was that, and is it one of those things that you couldn't get away with saying on television today?

19 minutes ago, AxB said:

Remember in WCW '91, when Barry Windham was teaming with Dustin Rhodes, and Jesse Ventura kept calling them "Texacans"? How insulting was that, and is it one of those things that you couldn't get away with saying on television today?

I remember Dusty used to call Eddy his "Texacan" friend.

15 hours ago, Morganti said:

Yall are sleepin on the mission district in San Francisco 

Without a doubt. El Farolito super burritos are bad motherfuckers. Taqueria Los Coyotes is hella good as well, maybe better than El Farolito.

I grew up in San Jose, and Mexican food throughout the whole Bay is dank as fuck. Every bit as good as anything I've eaten in San Diego.

I mean, you probably can't go wrong with Mexican food anywhere in our fine state of California, seeing as we used to be a part of Mexico, and Mexican people are a huge part of the culture of California, even though they got motherfucked at every turn by most of the Euro settlers.

Edited by grilledcheese
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

If you come here and eat at chain restaurants, you're doing it wrong.

I'd like to allow for one exception: Whataburger. I feel like it's the Texas equivalent to what In-n-Out was in California, in that if you're in the state it's required you eat there. Also, I may lose my California residency for this, but I prefer Whataburger to In-n-Out. 

San Antonio could possibly have a claim to if it weren't for the fact that the whole city shuts down at 3 in the afternoon.

Oh man...I was just out there for Takeover and the Rumble. Before the Takeover show, my buddy and I were checking out downtown and looking for somewhere to eat. I was shocked at how many places were closed in the middle of a Saturday afternoon in the city's biggest tourist trap. 

Taco Cabana was just the first thing I could think of as a stand-in for Houston's Tex-Mex scene. 

Which again, I love, just not as much as Mexican food from San Diego or Arizona. 

Or New Mexico because I love Sonoran, too. 

Also, Whataburger is tremendous. Better than In-n-Out, Five Guys, or whatever mid-level burger joint I can think of outside of Smashburger. 

EDIT: Or Burgerville in the Pacific Northwest. Burgerville is even more tremendous than Whataburger, which is a tall order, I know. 

2 hours ago, The Iron Yuppie said:

I'd like to allow for one exception: Whataburger. I feel like it's the Texas equivalent to what In-n-Out was in California, in that if you're in the state it's required you eat there. Also, I may lose my California residency for this, but I prefer Whataburger to In-n-Out. 

I have never eaten Whataburger, so I can't make sure you are no longer welcome in our fine state, but it must be pretty goddamn good if it stacks up to In-N-Out. I am of the idea that a Double Double is the finest of all the quick service style hamburgers.

10 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Taco Cabana was just the first thing I could think of as a stand-in for Houston's Tex-Mex scene. 

Which again, I love, just not as much as Mexican food from San Diego or Arizona. 

Or New Mexico because I love Sonoran, too. 

Also, Whataburger is tremendous. Better than In-n-Out, Five Guys, or whatever mid-level burger joint I can think of outside of Smashburger. 

EDIT: Or Burgerville in the Pacific Northwest. Burgerville is even more tremendous than Whataburger, which is a tall order, I know. 

Burgerville is one of the things I miss most dearly from living in Portland. Holy shit was it good.

• Like 3

Damn, reading all these pages about food and restaurants and such is making me really hungry.  I don't know whether to thank or curse you guys for it. :)  But living on the east coast I sure wish I could get get a place like Whataburger or In-n-Out.  Or even proper Tex-Mex restaurants, only ones I've come across here were chain restaurants which I tend to stay away from.

I liked Smashburger the one or two times I went. Its shame none of them are remotely close to me. I have no memory of Five Guys actual burgers though its also been 5 or more years since I've actually eaten one. Whataburger is nice and generally close. I tend to go there or 9er's Grill when I want a decent burger. I never heard of Burgerville, and we have no In-n-Out-Burger.