DVDVR Message Board

REBOOTED Feb 2017 Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

12 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

Wow, two major lawsuits in one on that poster.  You got AWF literally just sticking their letters on top of a TNA logo, and to make matters worse, the sponsor ABC Signs just outright copies the ABC television logo, because you know, obviously the two are related...

Probably another lawsuit after they started working on the Altima, unless the money mark that signed AWF's license to wrestle in that parking lot owns a dealership. We should pretend it was somebody who went in to eat at Steak 'n' Shake and came back to his car very pissed off. 

The new high water mark for Creepiest Wrestling Mask now officially goes to Fat Fake Doink. That thing looks like Leatherface working with acrylics and coming up with a colorful new art project. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Probably another lawsuit after they started working on the Altima, unless the money mark that signed AWF's license to wrestle in that parking lot owns a dealership. We should pretend it was somebody who went in to eat at Steak 'n' Shake and came back to his car very pissed off. 

The new high water mark for Creepiest Wrestling Mask now officially goes to Fat Fake Doink. That thing looks like Leatherface working with acrylics and coming up with a colorful new art project. 

It does sorta look like the Mom Leatherface mask from atrocious TCM: The New Generation 

latest?cb=20140428033513

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Adam said:

The Kenzo Suzuki??

Edit: In making fun of Kenzo, it now dawns on me that I wonder if The Brian Kendrick was also a rib on him, like Vince over heard some kids talking outside the arena when one of them read on the card 'Oh, Brian Kendricks here tonight' and his friend mocked him saying 'What, THE Brian Kendrick???'

I always thought that The Brian Kendrick was supposed to a homage to the Heart Break Kid

So they announced that they are opening RAW with Samoa Joe signing his RAW contract

Which - in their kayfabe world - again shows how terrible Bryan and Shane are as GMs

Bryan wants to constantly complain about how all these NXT folks should be on the main roster yet he technically signs none of them

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So they announced that they are opening RAW with Samoa Joe signing his RAW contract

Which - in their kayfabe world - again shows how terrible Bryan and Shane are as GMs

Bryan wants to constantly complain about how all these NXT folks should be on the main roster yet he technically signs none of them

They run the show like a spoiled rich kid who has never worked and a nice guy with brain damage.

• Like 15

28 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

Perhaps since Joe "hasn't signed his RAW contract yet", Bryan/Shane come out leading to a bidding war with him finally ending up on SD, and thus to the previously rumored Joe/Cena match at Mania?

They could just have a single segment where Steph says to Shane, "He already did what my husband wanted him to do to Rollins. You want Samoa Joe? You can have him."

I think Foley's in over his head, Bryan has shown a definite bias toward his John Cena twice putting him in title matches he didn't really belong in (No Mercy Triple Threat and Royal Rumble) and has been openly hostile to The Miz and Maryse. Plus he's seemingly pushing Nikki Bella away from the title scene because he knows Brie's going to come back after she gives birth and doesn't want a Bella vs. Bella match for the title. Also he's had a bias against Baron Corbin for the longest time but he's seemingly dropped that bias since he finally gave him a big match against Cena a few weeks ago

BTW - Meltzer said that Seth Rollins is good to go for Mania and the match against Triple H is on.

The WWE is trying to not let that get out for whatever reason so that is why they really gave no actual update on Rollins during RAW

7 hours ago, Brysynner said:

I think Foley's in over his head, Bryan has shown a definite bias toward his John Cena twice putting him in title matches he didn't really belong in (No Mercy Triple Threat and Royal Rumble) and has been openly hostile to The Miz and Maryse. Plus he's seemingly pushing Nikki Bella away from the title scene because he knows Brie's going to come back after she gives birth and doesn't want a Bella vs. Bella match for the title. Also he's had a bias against Baron Corbin for the longest time but he's seemingly dropped that bias since he finally gave him a big match against Cena a few weeks ago

The other stuff makes sense.  But I thought Brie said she retired so she can start a family.

12 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I'll be honest, that match and the Rumble match made me a Corbin fan. I couldn't stand that guy before but I thought he was great in those.

Corbin is awesome. The issue I see with him is they present him as a monster but he's really a slim tall guy. 

• Like 1

I'm honestly surprised his skin bounced back as well as it did after being as big as he was playing football.

As for his hairline, he's in an unfortunate place, because I'm not sure he'd look right with a shaved head either.