DVDVR Message Board

REBOOTED Feb 2017 Wrestling Discussion

RIPPA

The WWE live event I went to in October was a lot of fun, not the biggest crowd but I think that had to do with the timing of the show (Bad Boy Reunion Concert a mile up the road, same night as the UNLV homecoming game) but the crowd that was there was super into the whole show and the matches were a lot of fun.

The NXT show I enjoyed more as I saw Nakamura live and the main event was Joe vs Balor. And American Alpha and the Revival tore the house down together. And one last thing, Austin Aries vs Mojo Rawley was a strange match up that worked.

15 hours ago, Ace said:

Apparently this year's new gimmick for Chikara is that they secretly already taped Season 17 (named after Lost episodes) before losing people to WWE. 3 of them so far got released today along with the live Pro Wrestling Day coverage. The live shows this year will be Season 18 (named after Doctor Who episodes). The end of Pro Wrestling Day displayed...

Hide contents

a brand new Grand Champion: Ultramantis Black

Who's leaving Chikara?

9 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I was at this little tiny Indy show at my church a few years ago and they had this local guy on the card (he was real young so he was probably just getting into wrestling I'd imagine or he had reached his full potential) and he was doing a full on Communist sympathizer gimmick. He had a Chinese manager (just as young) and they were waving a communist flag. I believe the guy was facing The Patriot (not sure if it was the Honky Tonk Man owned/endorsed one) and through out the match I would just yell from like the 5th row back BEAT THE COMMIE (CLAP CLAP) BEAT THE COMMIE. I think a few people started doing it with me.

You wouldn't think that sort of stuff would be fun in like what was it 2012 I think, but it was. I can only imagine what it must of been like in the 80's with someone doing a full on Communist gimmick and the shit people must have been saying to them from the crowd.

There is a Commie Clown that I have seen teamed up with Fat Fake Doink,from the Hedenriech Golden Corral match,running around Alabama.

• Like 1

The guy on Nat Geo Wild's amazing "live Safari" show just did a trivia question and I got to hear him drawl in his laconic South African Eecent:

"And that answer comes to us from ZackRyderFan."

Yes! That is a 2009 twitter handle that will never seem outdated!!!!

Oh, shit, Fat Fake Doink vs Heidenreich at Golden Corral in Alabama was a real thing and not the imagining of an oxygen-deprived brain.  Well, from the looks of things, it could be both, but that's beside the point: this actually happened.

And I shit you not: I live like 15 minutes from that Golden Corral.  Time to move (assuming I even can because the existence of this video hasn't already tanked my property value).  "Well, its in a great school district, but your daily commute may be delayed by fat ass washed-up wrestlers brawling through the streets."

• Like 2

In defense of that video, beating people up in front of a Golden Corral is roughly where I would expect a Nazi soldier frozen in 1945 and thawed out in Mobile in 2003 to end up today. It's logical character development.

That is, at least while he's waiting for his confirmation hearings to run the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms to begin.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

You say that like winning the tag team titles on Smackdown in 2005 is meant to be sort kind of an accomplishment.

Hey some all time great teams held the belts around then like The Bashams and the team of Rene Dupree and Kenzo Suzuki.

2 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Hey some all time great teams held the belts around then like The Bashams and the team of Rene Dupree and Kenzo Suzuki.

The Kenzo Suzuki??

Edit: In making fun of Kenzo, it now dawns on me that I wonder if The Brian Kendrick was also a rib on him, like Vince over heard some kids talking outside the arena when one of them read on the card 'Oh, Brian Kendricks here tonight' and his friend mocked him saying 'What, THE Brian Kendrick???'

29 minutes ago, John Austin said:

I remember the talk last week on the rumoured Mania matches and then thought back to the reaction of Okada/Omega and hearing the word that the WWE wants a match with a reaction like that, do they really think they'll get that with the rumoured matches?

I thought Styles-Cena from the Rumble was already meant to be the reaction to that?

7 minutes ago, caley said:

I thought Styles-Cena from the Rumble was already meant to be the reaction to that?

If that's the case then It's a good response but I think was overshadowed by the Rumble itself and had a lot of Super Cena not doing enough selling, a great match nontheless.

I bet Rippa is right though, Vince probably does think Shane and AJ can deliver, probably om Shane taking unreal bumps like the table spot or the top rope Dragon Suplex spot that was in the Okada/Omega match