DVDVR Message Board

The Awesome/Annoying TV COMMERCIAL Thread

piranesi

There is a AT&T U-verse on demand spot for the movie A Simple Favor that I've seen hundreds of times in like a year and a half. This isn't the exact spot but it's damn close:

The kid at 0:18....I've heard his whiny ass voice so many times that I wish he was thrown clean through a goddamn windshield. Do they not have more movies that they keep showing spots for this one particular film? The fuck.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

I'm getting pretty tired of seeing the commercial for the new Pete Davidson movie on every other commercial break on Hulu.  It doesn't help that I'm not a fan of Davidson or Judd Apatow and the movie looks terrible to me.

• Like 3

Far be it for me to question the business model of the "Buy body armor now, pay later!" ads that I've been getting on here, but I am doubtful of the wisdom of extending credit to someone who expects to get shot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Far be it for me to question the business model of the "Buy body armor now, pay later!" ads that I've been getting on here, but I am doubtful of the wisdom of extending credit to someone who expects to get shot.

Reminds me of one of my favorite non-dvdvr message board threads. In particular this - “if plan a is to take multiple .338 shots to the back, you really need to come up with a plan b”

• Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 7:13 AM, Neil Koch said:

I'm getting pretty tired of seeing the commercial for the new Pete Davidson movie on every other commercial break on Hulu.  It doesn't help that I'm not a fan of Davidson or Judd Apatow and the movie looks terrible to me.

I do think that his role of "guy who thinks he it is a tattoo artist even though he has incredibly terrible tats" almost qualifies this as a biography

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am absolutely losing my mind at the most maudlin "In these trying times" commercials which play pretty much every ad break on Buzzr that are for...European Wax Center.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

NOW! From the inventors of Peloton! We bring you...

MIRROR

The latest breakthrough in workout technology! It's a giant cellphone that you hang on your wall that has live people encouraging you to exercise! Then it shows you your stats... like a real cellphone... only it's LIFE SIZED!!! Bring your ego, your credit cards, and your smug sense of economic superiority right to us! 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Geico "aunts" one can kiss my ass, especially since it's on every commercial break when I'm watching hockey and baseball on ESPN+.

EXPIRED!  EXPIRED!  EXPIRED! 

Get the fuck out of my house.  Is bitchy aunts a thing or is Geico desperately trying to create a subset of the Karen meme?

• Haha 1

I dig the motivational guy one with the people turning into their parents. The couch covered in pillows is totally a thing, and the blue hair joke is just perfect. "I know, we can all see it, don't look at it" haha

Oh, and the guy reminds me of Dr. Twinkletits on Metalocalypse too. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Neil Koch said:

The Geico "aunts" one can kiss my ass, especially since it's on every commercial break when I'm watching hockey and baseball on ESPN+.

EXPIRED!  EXPIRED!  EXPIRED! 

Get the fuck out of my house.  Is bitchy aunts a thing or is Geico desperately trying to create a subset of the Karen meme?

Yes.

10 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I dig the motivational guy one with the people turning into their parents. The couch covered in pillows is totally a thing, and the blue hair joke is just perfect. "I know, we can all see it, don't look at it" haha

Oh, and the guy reminds me of Dr. Twinkletits on Metalocalypse too. 

I genuinely enjoy all of the 'turning into your parents' Geico ads.  The backyard barbecue one with the "Oh, you have a tattoo.  So you don't work, then?" line particularly amuses me.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2020 at 11:48 AM, Technico Support said:

What's right up there with using "Born in the USA" at a campaign rally or using "Lust for Life" to sell cruises?  Putting "Hey Ya" in a car commercial.  Nothing sells a Toyota like a track about a marriage failing.  "Y'all don't wanna hear me, you just wanna dance," indeed. 

It's annoying and similar to Dirty Jobs using Faith No More's "We Care a Lot" as the theme just because of the "It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it" lyric... which is being used ironically about people that define themselves via media.

• Like 1