DVDVR Message Board

The Awesome/Annoying TV COMMERCIAL Thread

piranesi

• 1 month later...
On 5/31/2018 at 10:54 AM, Curt McGirt said:

Was just reminded that those Education Connection commercials are The. Worst. Not only is the organization a ripoff but they always feature a white girl rapping and it's just the pits. 

Didn't know they were still on the air. . . .

I love El Rey Network dearly, but they have to stop showing the same damn commercials on literally every ad break.  Even a half decent one gets old pretty quickly.  And the worst ones by far are the JG Wentworth commercials.  We have to mute the TV everytime those fucking things show up and it can make watching the channel rather unbearable.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I love El Rey Network dearly, but they have to stop showing the same damn commercials on literally every ad break.  Even a half decent one gets old pretty quickly.  And the worst ones by far are the JG Wentworth commercials.  We have to mute the TV everytime those fucking things show up and it can make watching the channel rather unbearable.

I hate those commercials.  I am never sure if JG Wentworth is fishing for new business. or if some market study has determined that the El Ray demographic is chock full of people living off of structured settlements.

I've been seeing the commercial for Eddie Money's reality show several times an hour and I'm really ready for it to stop.

Also, why the fuck does Eddie Money have a a reality show?

You can ask the same thing as to why Sammy Hagar has a show, but at least that serves some kind of nostalgic purpose I guess. I really can't stand that Rock Legends show either, with the same four British millennial journo talking heads talking about bands that broke up before they were born. At least some of the concerts and Classic Albums are awesome. 

2 hours ago, Zimbra said:

I've been seeing the commercial for Eddie Money's reality show several times an hour and I'm really ready for it to stop.

TV execs are running out of washed up rockers to give reality shows to? Granted it's on AXS and not like VH1 and A&E so there is a built in excuse for no one watching.

I was watching Good Times reruns on TV One the other day and apparently 1/2 of Mary Mary and her husband and kids have a reality show. That's suppose to their big new show. I get that if you're frequently running reruns of old shows like Aspire, BET, and OWN do, you already decided that your first run programming is going to be pretty shitty. However, how hard did you throw in the towel when a gospel duo that was famous like 15 years ago and ALREADY had a reality show that ran five or six seasons on another niche network has a second reality show sans the other member of the duo? This is a new form of derivative. 

On 6/4/2018 at 11:00 AM, Zimbra said:

I hope it's called Take Me Home Tonight.

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Between Facebook and Wells Fargo, who has the shittest monotone "Our bad!" ad?

Facebook by miles because I actually believe that Wells Fargo will try to do better.

• Like 1

My wife watches a lot of Dr. Phil on OWN (and to be fair, I get sucked into the episodes as well) and I think they are contractually obligated to play this one commercial for their new show "Love Is____" 30 times an hour.

On the other hand, they have a fun commercial to advertise their Sunday block of Benson episodes that they run every so often and it really made me want to start watching Benson again.

• Like 1

I love summer, but I abhor with a passion the Corona commercials.  For one, it's shit beer and I tend to question people's choices when they order it.  And there's so many craft beers that smoke it in every conceivable way while being a great beer for chilling out during the summer.  The other main issue is their insistence on making summer a verb and sounding like it's some all-knowing entity.  Summer doesn't give a shit what beer you drink and certainly isn't suggesting you get Corona.  It's just a gawddamn season and nothing more.  And sadly El Rey airs this a lot so that just means more of watching this while on mute.