DVDVR Message Board

The Awesome/Annoying TV COMMERCIAL Thread

piranesi

On 4/6/2020 at 9:23 AM, J.T. said:

I will never get tired of the one that announced that my dealership has given us six months of car payment forgiveness.

While still trying to sell you a car at the same time! 84 MONTHS!? I don't know about you, but I'm not going to get a car that I have to pay SEVEN GODDAMN YEARS TO PAY FOR. . . . .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If society collapses, I hope it's like the end of Fight Club.

Unfortunately, for you, it will be like the book and we'll all just end up in one giant psych ward.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I just saw a commercial for a Batman comic (or perhaps graphic novel). That's got to be a first. 

Saw that light as well.  It has a Mad Max type vibe to it and something about that seems like it might be worth picking up.

5 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Saw that light as well.  It has a Mad Max type vibe to it and something about that seems like it might be worth picking up.

Yeah, it looked pretty cool. I don't know why we don't make animated films based on the artist's original design in this fashion. It seems like a no-brainer to me but you either get an anime version of something or nothing at all. 

Just having a comic commercial is pretty fucking cool though. The world has finally caught up to the art form. 

• Like 1

The latest "let's try to shoehorn our product into an 'in there troubled times' advertisement to take advantage of people" scummy company is my local roofer, Long Roofing.  Yeah assholes, you're give a few months no payment and low rates, but when this shit starts getting back to normal, you still have people trying to pay off a roof in a down economy.  Christ I need to just DVR everything and stop watching commercials.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I caught a glimpse of a banner ad on here that said "Why Jesus doesn't work out" with a picture of Calvary in the background and I unfortunately clicked away before I could figure out what the hell was going on.  That ad is my white whale now.

• Haha 2

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 10:22 AM, Kuetsar said:

One could argue that DVDVR IS a psych ward. . . ?

The inmates are usually locked up.  Here they actually run the asylum... er...  mental care facility.

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 1:37 PM, Zimbra said:

I caught a glimpse of a banner ad on here that said "Why Jesus doesn't work out" with a picture of Calvary in the background and I unfortunately clicked away before I could figure out what the hell was going on.  That ad is my white whale now.

I am something of a Christian / Backslidden Baptist that likes to think he's fairly smart about Biblical parallels and I have no clue what point that ad is trying to make.

The image of Calvary tends to make me conclude that Jesus doesn't exercise because he's dead and risen.  Well, duh.  All powerful beings tend not to have a need for cardio.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

All that to fucking sell you Monopoly?

That reminds me of some standup comedian's Sex Sells Everything joke about a commercial where you see an attractive couple fucking in an elevator and then in the blissful aftermath theyboth pull out bottles of Gatoraid and start drinking.

Edited by J.T.