DVDVR Message Board

The Awesome/Annoying TV COMMERCIAL Thread

piranesi

Every time I hear or see that Turbo Tax "All people are tax people" ad I want to find the marketing department and stab them all with heated up forks in the eyes and ears.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If it's one of their spokeskids, I think he has brittle bone disease and is now around 18. Depends on the ad, they have several of varying age.

• Like 2

I get tired of seeing it, but mostly because I've been in children's hospitals way too much because my stepson has had cancer multiple times.  At least the Shriner's Hospital is a legit charity unlike the Kars 4 Kids scam.

"And how do they get disabled kids that are better talkers/actors than normal adults?!  "

Getting a terminal/major disease makes you grow up fast.  I've met a lot of 8 year olds who are way more mature and level headed than most 20-30 year olds.

Edited by Neil Koch
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Neil Koch said:

the Kars 4 Kids scam

That reminds of the Wounded Warriors program getting popped for internal corruption and having to clean house. They must've really done a 360 to still have their commercials on TV all the time still.

Edited by Curt McGirt

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2020 at 3:33 PM, Ryan said:

The Kazoo Killer. You murder them all with their own kazoo fashioned into a knife.

That's a fantastic idea...or I just kill them by ramming their kazoos down their throats. Think Hugo Stiglitz asphyxiating the one nazi soldier by ramming his fist down his throat.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

2 hours ago, Neil Koch said:

The Apple Airpods one with the girl spastically dancing around a city can eat a bag of dicks.

Apple commercials in general are hit or miss since they all seem to try too hard to be hip and cool.