DVDVR Message Board

The Awesome/Annoying TV COMMERCIAL Thread

piranesi

9 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

But where do the reverse vampires come into it?

They're the cops. The saucer people run Amazon. Peloton is under orders from the Rand corporation.

• Like 2

And then for Peloton add in the monthly subscription so you still get to pay what is essentially a gym membership after buying the $2000 machine.

I got a foldable stationary bike on amazon for $140 that I plunked in front of the t.v. and it works perfectly fine even though I don't have a picture window with a penthouse view of central park or a floating spiral staircase to the upper section of my cabin overlooking Yosemite.  But I do have a t.v. that plays two hour episodes of WCW Nitro and I think the end result is the same.

The problem to me with all this boutiqe stuff is that it means that the class of people with too much fucking money to even keep track of what they're buying is too fuckking big. Eat the Rich and burn the calories watching old wrestling!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

"Eat the rich! Destroy all nations!" - Whatever piranesi's shoot name is. It will be on your epitaph. Also, cheaper bikes tend to hurt your ass and back unless you're one of those fancy people without a bad back and can sit on basically metal. I sit on cushions and my ass goes numb.

The commercial with those miserable fuckers on their Peletons in the pre-dawn hours of Christmas morning strikes me as just as dystopian as the the woman who looks like her husband is gonna murder her then and there if the Peleton drill instructor calls her out for lagging one more time.

I can't hate Peleton, though.  Austin, unsurprisingly, is infested with Lance Armstrong wannabes on bikes that cost more than my car is worth.  I'm forever having to risk my life to dodge packs of them.  Until we can find a way to control their numbers via an aerial spraying program, plunking em on a stationary bike while somebody berates them is probably our next best option.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Those bastards probably own Pelotons too, to use when the weather is bad. 

I live right outside a college town -- if "aerial spraying" of rich bicyclists involved gas, fire, or light munitions it wouldn't bother me

EDIT: I say that in jest, of course. What they really need is a separate road system constructed above automobile traffic in order to both satisfy their sense of superiority and keep them the fuck out of the way. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

Or just switch everyone over to bikes and public transportation until it gets just as congested as regular city traffic only with much more death from falls.

Also, this is so @piranesi can loop this while he's on his hand-made Peloton at 3 AM.

Edited by Ryan

3 hours ago, Robert C said:

The commercial with those miserable fuckers on their Peletons in the pre-dawn hours of Christmas morning strikes me as just as dystopian as the the woman who looks like her husband is gonna murder her then and there if the Peleton drill instructor calls her out for lagging one more time.

I can't hate Peleton, though.  Austin, unsurprisingly, is infested with Lance Armstrong wannabes on bikes that cost more than my car is worth.  I'm forever having to risk my life to dodge packs of them.  Until we can find a way to control their numbers via an aerial spraying program, plunking em on a stationary bike while somebody berates them is probably our next best option.

I will get you a megaphone and a whistle and you can drive alongside of them and yell shit at them out your car window. This sounds like a booming industry for Austin.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2019 at 2:42 PM, Ryan said:

Or just switch everyone over to bikes and public transportation until it gets just as congested as regular city traffic only with much more death from falls.

Also, this is so @piranesi can loop this while he's on his hand-made Peloton at 3 AM.

I will be watching this in 5 second increments I recorded on the Game Boy Camera that is duct taped to my Peloton that I made out of Pinewood derby car parts and hockey tape.

• Haha 1

Watching those US Cellular commercial with the lazy guy not putting the lights while singing awfully makes me root on the other side of the War on Christmas.  Guarantee that was played about 100 times a day for the last 2 weeks

I would also argue that it is a good judge of your "ok boomer" status on whether you support the guy watching TV on his phone or you are constantly screaming "get off your ass and do the lights"  

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

There's yet another HIV PreEp pill commercial airing that is like a full minute long and now has marching band drumming. It is also airing every half hour on four or five channels.

Progressive decided to try and beat them in the annoyance factor by putting Smashmouth in one of their commercials

On 2/1/2020 at 2:55 PM, Curt McGirt said:

There's yet another HIV PreEp pill commercial airing that is like a full minute long and now has marching band drumming. It is also airing every half hour on four or five channels.

Progressive decided to try and beat them in the annoyance factor by putting Smashmouth in one of their commercials

Speaking of annoying, the Kars 4 Kids folks somehow made their commercial even MORE obnoxious.

• Haha 1

What the fuck, guys?

This commercial came on at 5AM on USA.   I've been on night duty for about a week know, so at first I thought I was hallucinating due to sleep deprivation but Google says it's an actual thing.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1