DVDVR Message Board

The Awesome/Annoying TV COMMERCIAL Thread

piranesi

I am a bona fide geek, but even I have never found anything about Magic:  The Gathering to be particularly entertaining, intriguing or cool.

Until now.   This commercial is tremendous.

Yes, I posted it in the Magic: The Gathering thread first.

• 3 weeks later...

New "one more time and I tear my eyes out of the sockets" commercial: The fucking TRUVADA for PrEP commercial. WE GET IT, YOU'RE BIG PHARMA AND YOU'RE SUPER MEGA ULTRA RICH. I DON'T NEED TO SEE THE AD FOR YOUR HIV PILL AT THE BEGINNING OF EVERY COMMERCIAL BREAK ON AT LEAST THREE DIFFERENT CHANNELS. IT IS NOT GOING TO MAKE ME MAKE YOU ANY RICHER. 

• 2 months later...

Who the Hell is doing the voice-over for the Apple privacy commercial that's been airing during the World Series? It's someone famous. I just cannot quite place the voice...

And literally after hitting to post, I realized it's Rooney Mara. Duh. Oh well, now it's merely annoying for the usual reasons. 

Edited by Contentious C

Are there any commercials better than the new Geicoween spots for this year?

No, there are not.

The one with the creepy mannequins in the attic is particularly awesome since the black dude has the appropriate and realistic Fuck This House reaction.

I also like the fact that they remembered that Casper is a ghost so the stuff he tries to eat just passes through him and falls on the couch.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

On 10/28/2019 at 9:41 AM, J.T. said:

The one with the creepy mannequins in the attic is particularly awesome since the black dude has the appropriate and realistic Fuck This House reaction.

"Mr. Murphy didn't you try to save your daughter?" Yeah, I'm a man, see I tried to save her I turned the channels the shit didn't work.  So I got the fuck out."

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

This isn't a tv ad, but holy shit someone is getting fired. . . .https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/31/europe/mcdonalds-sundae-bloody-sundae-advert-scli-intl/index.html

Proof positive that people need to listen to song lyrics more often.

That poor asshole probably just named the event after his favorite U2 song without thinking about the context.

The Selma incident where civil rights protesters were beaten down by Alabama state troopers and white nationalist militiamen is also referred to historically as Bloody Sunday, so I would have also been offended by that stupid fucking marketing campaign.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Is that Joan Cusack on the Little Caesar's commercial where she smashes her face down on the table to try and look at the pizza crust?

I really don't think it looks that much like her. I hate that commercial, mostly because Little Caesars is disgusting garbage.

They should do an updated version of this commercial.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I really don't think it looks that much like her. I hate that commercial, mostly because Little Caesars is disgusting garbage.

They should do an updated version of this commercial.

They should bring back the chocolate ravioli.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gatling said:

Chocolate ravioli sounds amazing, but I don't know if I'd trust Little Caesars to pull it off. Maybe I'm just too much of a pizza snob living in New Jersey. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Chocolate ravioli sounds amazing, but I don't know if I'd trust Little Caesars to pull it off. Maybe I'm just too much of a pizza snob living in New Jersey. 

This was 25 years ago or so they had it, the "ravioli" was white chocolate and the filling was either milk chocolate or dark chocolate, so basically it was just candy.  All they had to do was store it and sell it I think, it was really good.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, gatling said:

I am not a sweets kinda guy and I loved that shit.  I have no idea why they don't sell it all the time.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Little Caesar's has always been garbage.  We used to call it "Little Skeezer's" back in the 80s.  I'd rather have a cheap frozen pizza like Jack's or Totino's rather than Little Caesar's because at least I know it will be cooked and it doesn't taste like total ass.

• Like 1

Every time within recent memory (as in the last ten years) that I've ended up eating Little Caesar's for whatever reason I've ended up shitting my guts out after. 

To keep this commercial oriented, Geico's new commercial has a mime in it, so obviously their Halloween talent got a better offer from Progressive or something.

• Like 1

Only reason I ever had to eat Little Ceasars was when I lived in this rundown place in college with 7 other roommates, half of whom worked there.  We'd put in or orders when they went in for their shifts and get shitty, but free, pizza delivered that night when they got off work.

Also, for an example of over inflated self worth that's almost presidential, here's a local ambulance chaser showing you what an enormous penis he has

Since we're going down a lawyer rabbit hole, I present for your viewing pleasure Darryl "The Hammer" Isaacs. I cringe every time I see a commercial or a billboard for his firm and there are a lot of both of those.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, driver said:

Since we're going down a lawyer rabbit hole, I present for your viewing pleasure Darryl "The Hammer" Isaacs. I cringe every time I see a commercial or a billboard for his firm and there are a lot of both of those.

I love that his huge lawyer brain can only understand metaphors by depicting them literally...

I put the hammer down on these truckers [puts hammer labeled "THE HAMMER" against front of truck labelled "A TRUCK"]

And with [appears standing on top of truck] you'll come out on top of these trucks

I'll work day and [it turns into nighttime] night for you!

• Haha 1

There's a local lawyer literally nicknamed "The DUI Guy", so I guess if you're a fucking drunk, hire him and you're guaranteed to avoid your traffic fine and license suspension(WI has weak ass DUI laws).

On 11/4/2019 at 1:20 PM, Neil Koch said:

Little Caesar's has always been garbage.  We used to call it "Little Skeezer's" back in the 80s.  I'd rather have a cheap frozen pizza like Jack's or Totino's rather than Little Caesar's because at least I know it will be cooked and it doesn't taste like total ass.

Little Ceaser's is a blessing when you are a divorced dad coughing up nearly a quarter of your monthly salary for child support and your six year old daughter has the stomach of a goat and thinks pizza is pizza.

Now that she's going on 17, she has a more discerning palate and these goddamned gluten free Panera Bread grain bowls are going to put me in the poor house.

Edited by J.T.

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Little Ceaser's is a blessing when you are a divorced dad coughing up nearly a quarter of your monthly salary for child support and your six year old daughter has the stomach of a goat and thinks pizza is pizza.

Now that she's going on 17, she has a more discerning palate and these goddamned gluten free Panera Bread grain bowls are going to put me in the poor house.

I feel ya, thankfully we have a cheap pizza chain around here called $5 Pizza that is decent that my house uses when we have younger relative visiting.

• Like 1