DVDVR Message Board

The Awesome/Annoying TV COMMERCIAL Thread

piranesi

On 12/30/2016 at 11:15 AM, Kuetsar said:

These new KFC commercials with Rob Riggle need to die in a fire. For that matter so does his career(Don't want anything to happen to him personally, I just want his untalented ass to go away). . . .

He should not be allowed to do anything comedic that isn't related to football.

When I get up in the morning to get ready for work I turn on ESPN to drown out the voices in my head. And every morning the same commercial for a drug rehab center airs and the thing that stands out to me the most is a women running and then melodramatically falling to her knees.

• 2 weeks later...

He's talking about just ridin' it, bro. It comes in and goes out. It breathes you in and you flow through it.

It's simple, man. It's all just up and down. Near and far. The end is only a beginning of an end that hasn't begun to end.

You put the golden "an" in the tan van.  That's the plan, man.

Does this help at all?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2017 at 0:50 PM, J.T. said:

I have no fucking clue what the fuck Matthew McConaughey is talking about in those 2017 Lincoln car commercials but at least the company licenses phat tracks.

Speaking of phat tracks, I'd love to know what's playing at the end of the Mobil 1 spot with Kevin Harvick. Dat bassline tho.

• Like 1

Too soon, Zev!

16 hours ago, Zimbra said:

My biggest question is how you even fuck in a Beetle?

My question is how do they get away with that in present day America on multiple occasions? 

It seems like every time my woman and I have stopped at some remote spot and gotten into the "You thinking what I'm thinking?" mood, some state trooper just magically shows up to make sure our car isn't disabled.

Oh you have got to be shitting me.  You may as well make Fabletics the official yoga pants vendor of the Washington Capitals.  One of these things does not belong.

Kaiser Permanente:  The official health insurance of the Chicago Blackhawks.  That kinda works.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

Too soon, Zev!

My question is how do they get away with that in present day America on multiple occasions? 

It seems like every time my woman and I have stopped at some remote spot and gotten into the "You thinking what I'm thinking?" mood, some state trooper just magically shows up to make sure our car isn't disabled.

The plant I work in is in the back of a fairly-new industrial park on a dead-end road so we typically get at least a few cars every day going to park at the end of the road for a nooner or to get high or whatever.

Or we did until they started putting up a new building across the street and now the dead-end is full of construction workers' cars so we get people turning on to the road, slamming on the brakes and hightailing it out of here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This guy in the Match.com commercials needs to be punched in the face along with the person that thought him basically forcing people to sign up in the commercials would be a good idea. 

• Like 1