DVDVR Message Board

The Awesome/Annoying TV COMMERCIAL Thread

piranesi

I don't want to take this wildly off topic or anything, but that "Girls Don't Poop" ad reminds me of a female friend my wife and I have.  She will not defecate while her husband is in the house. If she has to go while he is home she leaves and goes to her parents house.

They've been married for more than five years and lived together for a bit before that too.  Her husband is supposedly clueless about this and doesn't know that she won't go with him in the house.  She revealed all this to my wife about a year ago.

DId your wife suggest she go see somebody about this? This seems to take "eccentric" right off the cliff. I'll now jokingly suggest an intervention,where all her friends, family and husband sit her down in a room and tell her it's OK for her to poop whenever, wherever she pleases, she's a big girl.

I don't want to take this wildly off topic or anything, but that "Girls Don't Poop" ad reminds me of a female friend my wife and I have.  She will not defecate while her husband is in the house. If she has to go while he is home she leaves and goes to her parents house.

They've been married for more than five years and lived together for a bit before that too.  Her husband is supposedly clueless about this and doesn't know that she won't go with him in the house.  She revealed all this to my wife about a year ago.

DId your wife suggest she go see somebody about this? This seems to take "eccentric" right off the cliff. I'll now jokingly suggest an intervention,where all her friends, family and husband sit her down in a room and tell her it's OK for her to poop whenever, wherever she pleases, she's a big girl.

As my wife tells it she asked her friend "Do you fart if he's in the house?" and her friend said "God no, do you fart in front of Ryan(My shoot name)?" and then my wife burst into laughter and then felt bad when she saw her friend was legit upset about all this.  So far as I know they haven't discussed it since.

The current Domino's one that is trying to pimp out their online service.  Like most of their recent ads, it is acknowledging that their product has been bad for years and they are trying to correct it.  But this time, it doesn't really fly, since the same half-retards who aren't answering the phone now, because apparently they can't understand simple English, are still the ones that are expected to operate a computer well enough to take accurate orders, as well as actually make those orders.

TL; DR - Domino's still fucking blows.

Initially I thought Dominos' "We admit it, we've sucked for years" campaign was smart marketing. I think they took the honesty thing too far though when they did the ad all about how the store manager is pissed off about the weekday pizza deal he's being forced to give his customers.

It's a brilliant mind-altering tactic to control people's expectations.  Now, when they're order is messed up, they'll be like "Well, Homer did it again!!!! Awwwww!"

Like, there are a few ways to "deal" with mountains of bad customer service feedback

1) Make your customer service better (HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!)

2) Convince the customers that it's just the natural state of things ("We're all dumb together, so we might as well just be dumb together!")

It's similar to the strategy the beer and snack food industry used family sitcoms and superbowl commercials to convince us all that it was totally normal and kind of lovable to be a fat buffoon in sweatpants and a Falcons jersey guzzling Bud and Cheetos with no inner or outer life...cause hot chicks are actually totally into that.

Just sink into it, people.  Like someone pointed out the dude in the original Stepehn King version of the Lake/blob story did...just let it take you.  If you don't fight, it won't hurt so much.

I'm pretty sure that's the first week of advertising school...Chapter 1: Normalize Stupidity.

The Dominos commercials I hate the most are the ones with the CEO and the store manager guy who pisses and moans about the new carry out deal. In real life if he bitched to the CEO of the company about one of his ideas dude would be submitting applications to Papa John's and Little Ceasar's within the hour.

The Dominos commercials I hate the most are the ones with the CEO and the store manager guy who pisses and moans about the new carry out deal. In real life if he bitched to the CEO of the company about one of his ideas dude would be submitting applications to Papa John's and Little Ceasar's within the hour.

You're absolutely correct, but they clearly label the guy on the commercial as a franchise owner, not just a manager.  I thought the same thing when I first saw it.