DVDVR Message Board

The Awesome/Annoying TV COMMERCIAL Thread

piranesi

Guest The Magnificent 7

This is maybe an old man test, and I can't remember what car it is for, but that commercial that shows the car unveiling through the decades and has music from each decade like Herbie Hancock in the 80's and Soundgarden from the 90's is just incredibly awful. 

The music they chose for the modern sequence is so terrible.  Is it an indictment or something on modern popular music?  Is that what motherfuckers are listening to these days and what they hope people two decades from now will think was good? 

I'm an old man. 

Guest The Magnificent 7

I haven't looked to double check if I am right but I am 99% sure you are talking about the Toyota Corolla commerical

Yeah, that's it.  It's like they splurged all their cash on the Rusty Cage, Hancock, etc. but when it came to the exciting, contemporary, people dancing in the streets shiny new car bit they gave us the most pedestrian, innocuous, run of the mill shit they could license. 

Speaking of best commercials ever - I still watch this one frequently... and fight off the urge to sob uncontrollably

I have to go to the rest room for a minute.  I think I have an eyelash stuck in my eye....

I don't want to take this wildly off topic or anything, but that "Girls Don't Poop" ad reminds me of a female friend my wife and I have.  She will not defecate while her husband is in the house. If she has to go while he is home she leaves and goes to her parents house.

They've been married for more than five years and lived together for a bit before that too.  Her husband is supposedly clueless about this and doesn't know that she won't go with him in the house.  She revealed all this to my wife about a year ago.

Back around the turn of the century, I was with a woman who wouldn't fart in front of me.  When she finally did (completely by accident) I found it tremendously amusing.  Even years later when we weren't together anymore, just thinking about it would make me start laughing again.