DVDVR Message Board

The Awesome/Annoying TV COMMERCIAL Thread

piranesi

I wore hoodies in high school, just because I was a walker in St. Louis in the Winter, and they were comfortable and easy to wear. Usually, it was the hoodie our school actually sold.

Also, I am legitimately curious if the redhead from the Wendys chick will ever be able to have a serious acting career again after being teh Wendys chick, because the taint of horrible horrible commercials has ended many a career... I think. Maybe her being hot enough will make it not matter.

I think being the face of a company in their commercials pays pretty well though, I doubt Flo from Geico is hurting for money.

I think she was a comedian before that with connections to the Mr. Show guys, and has continued to work with their sort of circle on things like CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL and TIM AND ERIC.

I don't think anyone there is going to hold the commercials against her, if most of what she was ever going to do was small comedy bits anyway.  Those guys are pretty easy on each other when it comes to cashing-in parts and make fun of themselves about it all the time. I don't see why they'd be any tougher on her.

You'd have to be some kind of intolerable film-school/actor's-studio mark to not hire someone because they were in some commercials.  Beacuse they sold out the purity of the form, man!

Or this one...

Or this one...

Or this one...

Or this one...

I actually remember that last one.

All of which just goes to show that there is life after TV commercials.

• Like 1

The ChristianMingle.Com jingle may be the most sneakily misogynistic song I've heard in years.

If I were a Christian, I think I'd be offended by the idea that my god needs a website (and a pay site, at that!) to facilitate me meeting my soulmate.

Looking up that horrible jingle, it's from this stupid song, it's actually about loving Jesus, but may also be metaphor~! Still stupid as can be.

I love how this spot plays off that PSA from way back when.

I call foul.  That's like the third commercial to rip that PSA off in the last few years.  Plus CABIN IN THE WOODS.

"I learned it from watching you." is the new "I just threw up in my mouth a little."

It's also the worst jingle ever written in the history of jingle writing.

You clearly haven't heard the Cars for Kids one

1-877 KARS FOR KIDS!  K-A-R-S KARS FOR KIDS!  DONATE YOUR KAR TODAY!

The K bothers me most about that one. 

• Like 2

I call foul.  That's like the third commercial to rip that PSA off in the last few years.  Plus CABIN IN THE WOODS.

"I learned it from watching you." is the new "I just threw up in my mouth a little."

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

He's right though.

...And scrubs did it better.

I saw this during NBC's coverage of EPL...

http://youtu.be/crnn3iKb6_A

This will be another worthless piece of shit once the cat realizes he can just flip the thing over.