DVDVR Message Board

The Awesome/Annoying TV COMMERCIAL Thread

piranesi

3 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

If I have to watch those stupid Frank Thomas supplement commercials one more time..  .  

Fox sports loves to show them during Australian Rules Football, for whatever reason.  Fortunately I’ve never run into them elsewhere.  

• 4 weeks later...

Listen I admire google or Alexa or whoever it is putting really attractive women in their You Tube commercials but god damn maybe $10-$15  is worth it to not hear that Backstreet Boys song hummed about 20 times a day.  

Edited by hammerva

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Happy No More Political Ads For Another, Like, Six Months day to all of our American readers.

As someone that pretty much has the TV viewing profile of a 60 year old it's my favorite day of the year.

• Like 1

Most of the political ads I encountered were incredibly localized. It was typically ads for mayor and council seats in town which were all very civil (which was a relief) but it was a constant onslaught for two months on every YouTube video and crossword game on my phone. 

I live in a swing state where we had a Black senatorial candidate so it was just months of incredibly racist shit when I just wanna watch Wheel of Fortune.

Anyway, this plays roughly every other commercial break on Sling so guess what I'm singing to myself at work?

51 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Trying to make me associate Earth, Wind, and Fire’s September with Christmas should be against the law.

To be fair, I believe that is actually a song EW&F recorded for a Christmas album they did in 2014.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Happy No More Political Ads For Another, Like, Six Months day to all of our American readers.

As someone that pretty much has the TV viewing profile of a 60 year old it's my favorite day of the year.

Unless you live in Georgia.

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2022 at 12:36 PM, Zimbra said:

I live in a swing state where we had a Black senatorial candidate so it was just months of incredibly racist shit when I just wanna watch Wheel of Fortune.

Anyway, this plays roughly every other commercial break on Sling so guess what I'm singing to myself at work?

MANDELA BARNES IS THE CAUSE OF ALL CRIME IN THE HISTORY OF WISCONSIN.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So all night during Dynamite TSN was showing an ad for the "Zesty Horseradish King", and I'm annoyed because I don't know how to parse that. Is he the King of Zesty Horseradish, or the Zesty King of Horseradish? It makes a difference!

• Haha 2