DVDVR Message Board

The Awesome/Annoying TV COMMERCIAL Thread

piranesi

10 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I just saw a FREAKY Twix commercial. It had a young Asian girl and apparently her father standing in a boarded up house. All of the sudden a floating candle appears along with a Raiden-esque character with a big round hat and a bell and a staff appears. He approaches and the girl steps on his shadow; he vanishes. Then the candle and man appear again. The father lunges from the boarded up window to save her or something and the man stomps on HIS shadow. He immediately turns into a corpse and vanishes, leaving the girl holding his clothes and crying. The bell man whispers something to her (the sound was off, sorry)... and the screen cuts to the Twix logo and "Happy Halloween!"

Yeah, that's a trip. 

You'd be surprised how hard it is to find that commercial on Youtube.  All I see are about ones involving a boy in a dress and your typical right wing titles talking about it.  But I found this Skittles one that is pretty neat.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ryan said:

I'm always perplexed seeing JB Smoove and especially Patton Oswalt, who I adore, in those Caesar's ads, but then I laugh realizing Patton doesn't give a flying fuck about sports in real life and it amuses me even more.

But Patton looks so awesome in his toga, laurel wreath crown, and sunshades.

hqdefault.jpg

JB Smooth is also absurdly great looking.

TVSpot_1627678234844-HR.jpg

Edited by J.T.

On 10/28/2021 at 11:47 PM, Ryan said:

I'm always perplexed seeing JB Smoove and especially Patton Oswalt, who I adore, in those Caesar's ads, but then I laugh realizing Patton doesn't give a flying fuck about sports in real life and it amuses me even more.

Oswalt is guest starring on Curb next week and it's doing my head in. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know there is a warning on it but is it REALLY a good idea on the liberty mutual commercial to allow the dork to get stung by a spider because he thinks he gets powers. 

We really are expecting much intellectually from a typical user doing this

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2021 at 7:57 PM, hammerva said:

I know there is a warning on it but is it REALLY a good idea on the liberty mutual commercial to allow the dork to get stung by a spider because he thinks he gets powers. 

We really are expecting much intellectually from a typical user doing this

We're living in a timeline where people traveled to Dallas on the rumor that JFK Jr would show up and pledge his loyalty to TFG. Need I say more?

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to shout out a big "fuck you" to Google for putting footage of Michael K. Williams in their tear-jerker holidays ad. He deserves the acknowledgement but it just strikes me as exploitative. And what are they doing advertising for themselves anyway? THEY. ARE. EVERYWHERE. They literally live inside every American cell phone user's pocket. There is no need.

EDIT: And now Subaru is on the tube patting themselves on the back for charity work. You aren't supposed to brag about that sort of thing, you dildos.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 2

On 12/28/2021 at 10:18 AM, Neil Koch said:

I'm good with never seeing Kate Mackinnon in a commercial again, especially since they run her stupid Verizon ads during every commercial break on NFL games. 

I see those on nbcs soccer coverage but never bothered to see who she was.

On 12/25/2021 at 9:22 PM, colonial said:

colonial has me on ignore.  I posted this on Page 56.

Not sure how I feel about Medusa petrifying a guy for flirting with her, but it has Chun-Li by Nicki Minaj in it so I can forgive a little.

Edited by J.T.

51 minutes ago, J.T. said:

colonial has me on ignore.  I posted this on Page 56.

Not sure how I feel about Medusa petrifying a guy for flirting with her, but it has Chun-Li by Nicki Minaj in it so I can forgive a little.

Sorry about that. My mistake.

• Thanks 1

I thought it was funny that there was a Do Not Attempt disclaimer about people doing the famous spit take when drinking something.  Like has that really been an issue where had facial issues because did the Muta spot with their drink.  Even if it was coffee it can't be that hot once it is in someone else mouth ?

On 1/15/2022 at 7:51 PM, hammerva said:

I thought it was funny that there was a Do Not Attempt disclaimer about people doing the famous spit take when drinking something.  Like has that really been an issue where had facial issues because did the Muta spot with their drink.  Even if it was coffee it can't be that hot once it is in someone else mouth ?

It's probably for the company to cover their ass in case a Spit Take Challenge starts on TikTok or whatever and people are going around doing spit takes on people.

My favorite example of the Do Not Attempt stuff is that is basically on every car commercial. 

• Like 1