DVDVR Message Board

The Awesome/Annoying TV COMMERCIAL Thread

piranesi

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not gonna post the video, but the new Old Spice commercial with the moms is downright disturbing.  I mean, looking-under-the-bed disturbing.

All it needs is Pennywise and you have a commercial for a Stephen King film marathon on USA.

I'm not posting it, 'cause you've all seen it (I sense a theme here), but that "It's such a perfect day" PS4 commercial deserves a special spot in hell.

Personally I get a kick about how the PS4 hype contains exactly 0 game footage because there's not a single fucking thing on it to hype at console release, when the commercial came out.

I'm not gonna post the video, but the new Old Spice commercial with the moms is downright disturbing.  I mean, looking-under-the-bed disturbing.

Oh good grief, yes.  That one is messed up.

Is it possible that Old Spice and Ax Body Spray have secretly been purchased by an interstellar Lesbian cabal whose goal is to make sure that no woman ever wants to let any man anywhere near her again?

Ancient Astronaut theorists say...

...probably.

• Like 2

There's a second "we make Norma Bates look normal" Old Spice commercial. Combine the creepiness with the astoundingly awful "Smellcome to Manhood" tag line, and everyone involved with creating and green-lighting these commercials needs to stay away from any form of advertising forever.

I'm not going to post it here, but that new Dairy Queen commercial that ends with the guy holding up the Blizzard and saying "Boom. Wink".... I want to kick the shit out of that dude. 

Quick poll:

If you were just minding your own business trying to watch football Sunday and this ad kept coming on every five minutes:

http://youtu.be/jiyIcz7wUH0

Did it make you:

A. Like Apple more and want to buy an iPad more?

B. Hate Apple more and want to buy an iPad less?

You'd think the aim of advertising was "A," but I was solidly in the "B" camp by the end of the evening. One of the worst ads in a very long time.

Pretty much every Apple commerical has me feeling that way.  They are just so pretentious.

My least favorite one right now are the KFC ones where they parents act like they shold get an award for buying shitty fast food for their ungrateful spawn.  They also employ the fake video blog/Youtube style (new Crest ones do this too) which I hate with a passion.

The Lowe's ones with that weird stop motion kind of filming are really annoying too.

Quick poll:

If you were just minding your own business trying to watch football Sunday and this ad kept coming on every five minutes:

http://youtu.be/jiyIcz7wUH0

Did it make you:

A. Like Apple more and want to buy an iPad more?

B. Hate Apple more and want to buy an iPad less?

You'd think the aim of advertising was "A," but I was solidly in the "B" camp by the end of the evening. One of the worst ads in a very long time.

C: It makes me mad that they miss the whole point of that monologue and to an extent the story it's self.

Damn, I am not sure if it was for the Winter X Games or for the Sochi Olympics, but there was a short commercial yesterday on ESPN featuring a Japanese Snowboarder (I don't think it was Ryo Aono) and he said something to the effect that when you're out there shredding you have to let it all hang out because only the first person that does something no one has seen before gets that moment of immortality; everyone else that does it just follows in his wake.

It was a pretty awesome quote. I am going to try to find that commercial on the YouTubes.