DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2017 ANIMATED WRESTLING GIF THREAD

RIPPA

On 2/5/2017 at 4:04 AM, J.T. said:

Happy Ernie Ladd Month!  Bask in the awesomness of 2 Cold Scorpio at the Clash.

Even the ref was all WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST SEE~??? just like the rest of us were at home!

p8z9uJI.gif

I think my jaw went through the floor like a cartoon character the first time I saw him hit that. 

I saw that shit. wtf, Cody? wtf, Donovan Dijak? wtf, ROH? Head shots in 2017?! Good lord, someone might as well give Russo a book again. 

...Hey, speaking of which! Some cross-threading here. There's some talk of Russo's horrible and racist booking in 1999 WCW going on in the Photos Thread. I have moments where I think, "Maybe Nash was WCW's worst booker. Russo pushed mid-card guys, after all." Then I remember he had a 4-minute match between Juvy and Jushin Liger end in Juvy smashing a tequila bottle over Liger's head. 

tequilla.gif

I don't know if this is the same version they watched or not - but Alvarez and Meltzer where talking about the Cody chair shot and Alvarez was saying he could see it being an optical illusion and it actually hit Dijak's chest/shoulders (he wasn't saying that is what happened but that could be the case)

Either way - both were of the opinion of why the fuck are you doing that spot in 2017?

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

Seriously, 2 Cold's debut was one of the best, ever. The fact that Ross and Ventura had no clue who he was and were so wowed by his performance just added to the moment.

What match was that? I'd love to see it. 

As far as the chairshot goes, it looks like Dijak gets his hand up in time to protect his nose and teeth, but that's it. Fucking stupid.

farooq-dominator-o.gif

Ernie Ladd Month fools! 

• Like 2