DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2017 ANIMATED WRESTLING GIF THREAD

RIPPA

7 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

The spinebuster he gives to Steamboat at War Games 92 is so picture-perfect it's unreal

That might be my favorite of all the War Games matches, and might make my all-time Top 25 list. The ending setting up the end of the Dangerous Alliance is really creative. 

706377_orig.gif

WCW was doing so much great stuff around this time with Vader running roughshod, the DA guys in main-event slots, Sting starting to find his character as the top babyface, and all the great tag team stuff. 

ETA: Oh, and Pillman vs. Liger dozens of times. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, The Iron Yuppie said:

That might be my favorite of all the War Games matches, and might make my all-time Top 25 list. The ending setting up the end of the Dangerous Alliance is really creative. 

706377_orig.gif

WCW was doing so much great stuff around this time with Vader running roughshod, the DA guys in main-event slots, Sting starting to find his character as the top babyface, and all the great tag team stuff. 

ETA: Oh, and Pillman vs. Liger dozens of times. 

I love that WarGames. I just wish that Sting knew a better arm submission hold to finish the thing off. 

7 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

k.gif

I like that Sting, unsure of what to do with Madusa's seduction attempts, falls back on screaming out his "Woo!"  It makes me think of Sting, late at night hanging out in the bar, having women come on to him, and just shouting away nervously until they leave him alone.

• Like 4

Haha, Mean Gene corpsing in the Dr D San Fran interview is still my fave but that's a pretty good one.

On 2/18/2017 at 2:47 PM, cwoy2j said:

One of my favorite promos ever

tumblr_mgbxebVNkN1rt4k5qo1_500.gif

The Rock will always go down as one of the best promo guys of all time but man, when he came back for this run both Punk and Cena just embarrassed and destroyed him on the mic