DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2017 ANIMATED WRESTLING GIF THREAD

RIPPA

That spot is burned into my memory, I really wish I wasn't watching that match live maybe I wouldn't remember it so well. I hardly ever watched Nitro at that point but I tuned in and was all ok Terry Funks on I'll watch and I had to witness that and then when you found out how bad it turned out the mind just kept replaying it and all you could think of was why did they do that. We all know Funk is a crazy bastard but man someone should have stepped in and said Johnny just cause you can do that, you should really think about if you should.

Remember when people wanted Enzo to be the star of the team, but those with any common sense realized that Cass was gonna be the guy who got the push?  Then people started pretending like Enzo was a good worker, and not just an entertaining guy with a few catchphrases.  lol.  How did this fucking guy get out of NXT....oh yeah, his partner is 7 feet tall and has great hair.  You can't teach that!!!!

ezgif_com_8d9c8c4dc1.gif 

1 hour ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Remember when people wanted Enzo to be the star of the team, but those with any common sense realized that Cass was gonna be the guy who got the push?  Then people started pretending like Enzo was a good worker, and not just an entertaining guy with a few catchphrases.  lol.  How did this fucking guy get out of NXT....oh yeah, his partner is 7 feet tall and has great hair.  You can't teach that!!!!

ezgif_com_8d9c8c4dc1.gif 

Sometimes guys don't think in the moment...also, Enzo is good as the guy on the team that survives a beating long enough to tag in his monstrous tag partner who wins the match.

• Like 1

The Enzo backlash is delicious.  I never liked them in NXT.  I always felt like they were too much of a set in stone, packaged act and weren't learning anything new.  Like they realized they got a pop for Enzo's canned spiel so they just stopped working on anything else.  NXT was supposed to be where you learn and grow, not where you cosplay the New Age Outlaws.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

I had no luck searching, but does anyone have the gif of his missile drop kick, where he lands on his feet after impact? That was sharp.  

koko.gif

20 hours ago, Sublime said:

That spot is burned into my memory, I really wish I wasn't watching that match live maybe I wouldn't remember it so well. I hardly ever watched Nitro at that point but I tuned in and was all ok Terry Funks on I'll watch and I had to witness that and then when you found out how bad it turned out the mind just kept replaying it and all you could think of was why did they do that. We all know Funk is a crazy bastard but man someone should have stepped in and said Johnny just cause you can do that, you should really think about if you should.

If memory serves, Crazy Bastard Terry Funk himself advised Stamboli not to do that because it was too reckless a spot, which says a lot.

On 2/14/2017 at 4:09 PM, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

ezgif_com_8d9c8c4dc1.gif 

In most of Enzo's interviews for like, podcasts and stuff, he talks about how from about 6 weeks after he got to the performance center, it was all about "getting a mic in his hand." He had no training before being signed by WWE, so it's entirely possible he made his nXt debut with less than a year total training in terms of in-ring work.

As ridiculous as it is, I love that spot - and Perfect's goofy selling, in general.

if Enzo did that same spot, however, I'd happily join in on shifting on him for the next 10 pages.

It's just barely possible I'm a giant hypocrite when to comes to fake fighting.  I'm really ok with that.

• Like 7

First Enzo match I ever saw was about a year ago @ Roadblock when he and Cass faced Revival, I thought Enzo fed them really well and worked a great FIP. He has looked horrible in literally everything else I have seen since. 

6 hours ago, EricR said:

First Enzo match I ever saw was about a year ago @ Roadblock when he and Cass faced Revival, I thought Enzo fed them really well and worked a great FIP. He has looked horrible in literally everything else I have seen since. 

I don't even care much for Enzo's mic skills at the moment.  I'm sure at least some of that is creative's fault, because the guy obviously has talent, but his promos have regressed to doing the same couple catch phrases and basically cutting the same promo every time.  There doesn't seem to be anything organic about the act right now.  Enzo getting pummeled by Rusev then showing up the next week in a motorized scooter and doing the same schick and calling out his bit about being a certified G and a bonafied stud was...odd.  A good promo guy would have at least altered the promo a little, sold the hate, played down the catchphrases until he was out of the scooter.  Enzo just seemed to be running through his set pieces on autopilot.

I kinda like Cass, but he's really green and I'm not sure what to make of his promos.  He strikes me as being a really awkward talker.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2017 at 11:22 PM, Burgundy LaRue said:

Not that I ever thought Cass would be great, but most of his chances went up in smoke once Braun Strowman started showing improvement.

For as big as he is, he's not that strong. Of course not compared to Strowman but Corbin is much stronger than him as well. This is apparent every time he has trouble hitting that sidewalk slam type move.