DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2017 TELEVISION DISCUSSION

RIPPA

On 2/22/2017 at 0:55 PM, Victator said:

I've been watching it. It has it moments, but I think doing a sorta Sunny spin off on Network TV has issues. They are still trying to calibrate.

Always Sunny has been great this year. The first few episodes felt off with new writers, but I really appreciate the experimenting. 

The Dennis as a murderer documentary was great. Who among has not taken animal tranqs while watching some wrestling.

Hero or Hate Crime came pretty close to unseating The Gang Goes to the Jersey Shore as my favorite Always Sunny episode. Nothing can top Rum Ham in my opinion but  Charlie going, "I just spotted the perfect pile of dogshit so naturally I stepped in it" and Frank's shoe mirrors come close.

I'd probably go with Mac as best person. He's just an asshole, but he hasn't been directly responsible for ruining anyone's life like Dee with Cricket or Charlie with The Waitress. And, after the PTSDee episode that aired a few weeks ago, I'd say Dee is just as worse as Dennis if not more.

I also think the Waitress was a bad person before Charlie came along. Its interesting how her back story came along in pieces over the series. I think the Shore episode revealed she had a problem with meth years before. 

I thought it was noble Frank wanted to protect the frog kid. 

"I would run away and then the doctors would chase me with a giant net."

"Did you grow up in a cartoon?"

I'll vote for Charlie as the best person in the gang. He's pretty much just stuck as being a sweet, dumb kid and when motivated, like in Charlie Work, he's also the smartest in the gang. 

Dennis is the worst of them though, but he's also likely a serial killer. 

On 2/25/2017 at 11:15 PM, Johnny Sorrow said:

I got the SeeSo deal and it's pretty awesome for 4 bucks a month. I just discovered Big Jay Oakerson's "What's Your Fuckin' Deal" and it's hilarious. It's comics doing crowd work and it's fucking great. 

Are the SNL episodes uncut. 

In particular is "the Pregnant Teen Beauty Pageant hosted by Roman Polanski" sketch on the Dudley Moore episode?

I just watched the Hero or Hate Crime episode of It's Always Sunny. Yeah. I think that's probably the wildest and best ever episode of It's Always Sunny. I'm catching up on the current season and this may be one of my favorites.

Just finished Goliath on Amazon. Its VERY good. Billy bob Thorton is a down and out lawyer, who takes on a new case. There's a  lot more, but to tell would spoil it.  It looks and feels like a movie, just an 8 hour one. If you like the legal drama genre at all, give it a shot.

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic