DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

2 hours ago, MADCAP said:

I'm sad because you had to explain that. 

I forgot that for some people wrestling is serious business.

We will not that keep us from properly celebrating Ernie Ladd Month.

03.jpg

• Like 1

Once you are comfortable with the fact that Pro Wrestling is supposed to be patently offensive and fans are marks to be worked by gimmicks like that, you could appreciate the Jive Tone's tag team work. 

Pez and Tiger were solid mat wrestlers and they were a cohesive unit, but no one in their right mind would put tag-team titles on that gimmick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Once you are comfortable with the fact that Pro Wrestling is supposed to be patently offensive and fans are marks to be worked by gimmicks like that, you could appreciate the Jive Tone's tag team work. 

Pez and Tiger were solid mat wrestlers and they were a cohesive unit, but no one in their right mind would put tag-team titles on that gimmick.

I just thought of them as the black Fantastics.

• Like 1

The thing I never understood bout Scoot Andrews, right, is he was doing a Black Nature Boy gimmick, but: 

05.jpg

Where's the robe?

Happy Ernie Ladd month everyone!

CBNlUYqUYAA99cm.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, J.T. said:

I would. They say madness runs in our family. Some even call me mad. And why? Because I dare to dream of my own race of Atomic Monsters. Atomic Supermen with octagonal shaped bodies that suck blood...(wanders off muttering to self)

• Like 5

On 2/5/2017 at 10:26 AM, mattdangerously said:

Watts didn't book Doom's title run.  I believe they had a booking committee at the time. 

Doom was fucking awesome, though.

Wasn't Doom's finisher a diving shoulder block off the top of the turnbuckle.....?

Yeah, Bill would hate that.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, J.T. said:

This is the reason why the standard metric measuring wrestling bloodshed is the Mutoh scale.

muta.jpg

I'm glad you brought that up.  Is the Mutoh scale still the standard?  I've always thought Eddie's gig put an end to that. The Eddie bladejob was so disgusting, I've only watched that match all the way through once, and aside from Taker/Foley HITC, it's the one match I really was worried that something really bad was moments away from happening.

Well, aside from Bill Alfonso's head turning into a faucet when he bladed in a match against Francine.

1 hour ago, sydneybrown said:

I'm glad you brought that up.  Is the Mutoh scale still the standard?  I've always thought Eddie's gig put an end to that.

What Mutoh called a special occasion to bleed buckets Megumi Kudo called "Friday" and there were far worse and more dramatic looking blade jobs than Mutoh's. 

I remember people at my watch party getting nauseated when Eddie spewed plasma in that Iron Man match.

I am not sure if it is still on the internet, but there used to be an infamous image of Mr. Pogo sitting on the floor of a shower after a match and there are pools of blood trailing after him.