Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD


RIPPA
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, The Iron Yuppie said:

In mid-1998 when WWF was starting to get white-hot, I seem to recall the only acts more over than Sable were Austin, Undertaker, Kane and Mankind. Maybe DX and The Rock, but I didn't feel like Rocky really elevated into that top stratosphere until the fall of '98. 

Honestly, I'd dispute anybody but Austin. Sable was massively over.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

She was a product of her time, she did not draw in 2003. Not even a little bit compared to her day. Basically a fluke. 

Lita and Trish get a little bit of a pop whenever they come back. The only people who cared for Sable were Vince and I guess Brock. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was an odd time back then. I mean had Sunny debuted in the WWF just a couple of years later around the time Sable did, she would have essentially been the same level star Sable was for them. Honestly, I think any hot looking blonde in vinyl could have struck gold at that point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, Margolis claimed it just as the internet was becoming more accessible in the late 1990s. Now there's someone who got pretty famous for doing next to nothing. The hardest job she probably had was handing Bob Barker a microphone on The Price is Right a few times.

That I remembered that so easily scares me. :unsure:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Yeah, Margolis claimed it just as the internet was becoming more accessible in the late 1990s. Now there's someone who got pretty famous for doing next to nothing. The hardest job she probably had was handing Bob Barker a microphone on The Price is Right a few times.

That I remembered that so easily scares me. :unsure:

That wasn't the only microphone of Barker's she handled, amirite?  

Real or photoshopped?  I think this is better than the family one...

16730501_10155070725954923_5204996289180

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Was this the first time Vince had been in the White House or have other President's invited him? 

The closest Vince has been to a president is a cheap impersonator, and that trend continues.

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/17/2017 at 6:31 PM, Victator said:

Other women came along who were just as if not prettier, had more charisma and were not egotistical pains in the ass. Sable was lucky to come along when she did.

This could be used when describing countless wrestlers throughout wrestling history.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This could be used when describing countless wrestlers throughout wrestling history.

I don't think that is true. I think most wrestlers who were over could be over in any era, if given an even chance. 

Are we really trying to defend Sable?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Victator said:

I don't think that is true. I think most wrestlers who were over could be over in any era, if given an even chance. 

Are we really trying to defend Sable?

I am not trying to specifically defend Sable per se - but you said "she was lucky to come along when she did"

And my point is that circumstance is often a major factor in any profession

Example - if Steph doesn't hear John Cena rap (as the story goes) he doesn't get over in the WWE. And when they eventually let him go (which was going to be sooner rather than later) where was he going to get over without that gimmick at that time TNA? ROH? New Japan? No.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...