Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
RIPPA

FEBRUARY 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

Recommended Posts

This is so much better than any Valentine's photo I was gonna find

gokuaku-doumeifebruary-25-1985-pro-wrest

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what about the alternate reality where Show ends up being known as the Big Nasty this whole time instead, Corliss Williamson pans out as an NBA Superstar and the worthless ass spectacle match at this year's WM is actually between those two over "who is the real Big Nasty?"

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

So what about the alternate reality where Show ends up being known as the Big Nasty this whole time instead, Corliss Williamson pans out as an NBA Superstar and the worthless ass spectacle match at this year's WM is actually between those two over "who is the real Big Nasty?"

Only one is a Big Nasty Bastard...and his mama said so.

God bless the Big Boss Man.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's amazing how many names Show went through in such a short space of time. What was all that about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

It's amazing how many names Show went through in such a short space of time. What was all that about?

The story that I remember, which might be apocryphal, was that Vince wanted to call him Titan and Bischoff shit on the name during The Giant's beat down sendoff on Nitro. So, Vince just used his real name for his debut before trying out a bunch and settling on Big Show. Again, that may be an urban legend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do remember hearing the Titan story. Which I feel is a way better name than the Big Show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Victator said:

I do remember hearing the Titan story. Which I feel is a way better name than the Big Show.

Titan would have been a way better name than the Big Show. Once again, we have Eric Bischoff to thank for fucking something up in wrestling. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW - HAPPY ERNIE LADD MONTH!

hqdefault.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, Titan makes me think of a Gladiator or something. Just seems strange to bring in a big commodity and not have a gimmick nailed down for him. Very un-Vince-like

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

BTW - HAPPY ERNIE LADD MONTH!

hqdefault.jpg

I bet it makes you mad I got a whole month dedicated to me Mr. Announcer Man......

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least Billy Gunn got hit with the best trashcan shot in wrestling history to make up for it

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tromatagon said:

At least Billy Gunn got hit with the best trashcan shot in wrestling history to make up for it

Great point.  I loved the Cactus/Chainsaw vs NAO dumpster match too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

junkyarddog.jpg

Happy Dancing Junkyard Dog Month!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Haha.  Possibly THE biggest disappointment of the era.   

I remember I was actually excited by it, because I wanted to see Savio do some real garbage wrestling.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember a rumor floating around at the time that Sid was going to be the mystery partner; given his history with Shawn Michaels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Titan would have been a way better name than the Big Show. Once again, we have Eric Bischoff to thank for fucking something up in wrestling. 

They could have called him anything and WWE would have fucked it up anyways because the booking wouldn't have changed. 

The fact that his name was always going to be some stupid pun like Titan or TBS should have been a good indicator of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calling him "The Big Show" Paul Wight wouldn't have been bad, but just calling him The Big Show sounded awkward at first. Of course, compared to wrestlers called Meat and Test; the Big Show sounds like a stroke of genius.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I remember a rumor floating around at the time that Sid was going to be the mystery partner; given his history with Shawn Michaels. 

February is when spring training starts. There's no way he would've done it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

So what about the alternate reality where Show ends up being known as the Big Nasty this whole time instead, Corliss Williamson pans out as an NBA Superstar and the worthless ass spectacle match at this year's WM is actually between those two over "who is the real Big Nasty?"

Add Scottie Thurman coming off the top rope with a steel chair to give Corliss the win, Cole having the presence of mind to compare it to his 3-pointer to beat Duke in the '94 Final Four, and that's an alternate reality I want to inhabit. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Paul The Giant would have been fun.

Like Paul "The Giant" Lauria in ECW. Yeah, that's an obscure reference. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...