DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Hoarr said:

I'm all for this alternative history, like The Jesse Ventura Story that proudly boasts BASED ON A TRUE STORY right before opening with a scene of Ventura vs Chris Kanyon during WCW Monday Nitro.

tumblr_olrg73dt9J1qzp5ffo1_540.png

Don't forget the scene where they show Ventura's part in the Montreal Screwjob (yes the movie actually had that)

10 hours ago, MarcosLoura said:

This whole movie is freaking me out, how are some of you taking this so casually

I'm sort of irritated that this is happening.  Out of all the wrestling families to make movies about, Rock picks the Knights?  Dude, your own family is right fucking there!  I'd rather watch Meng rip a dude's nose off than a bunch of pasty Brits behaving poorly.

• Like 2

I remember watching the Jesse Ventura story when it aired on NBC in '99.  The only thing I remember about it was the news crawler at the bottom saying that Owen Hart died (aired on May 23)  No matter how bad it is I can't bring myself to watch it due to that memory.  Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but of all the times to air it it was that night.

But stuff like the Wrestling with Wregret video that covers it?  Now that I can watch and enjoy.

6 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

I'm sort of irritated that this is happening.  Out of all the wrestling families to make movies about, Rock picks the Knights?  Dude, your own family is right fucking there!  I'd rather watch Meng rip a dude's nose off than a bunch of pasty Brits behaving poorly.

Maybe Dwayne will have a cameo as Rocky Johnson. 

• Like 1