DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Quick Google search shows they had a few matches in the summer of '91. The only footage I found is this brief clip... 

Savage looks like he got about 50 feet on that axe handle. He could've eaten a sandwich box of Slim Jims on the way down. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

And he chose goddamn Humperdink. 

I think Hump was the best non Jimmy Hart choice. With Heenan and Fuji things are eventually going to go south. 

Slick is an interesting choice. Bigelow and Gang seem like a natural team. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am not gonna get poking at this since it is the photo thread but I do know the one version of John Cena that would get over no matter what

Juan-Cena2.jpg

Until just now, I didn't know how badly I wanted Juan Cena vs. Dr. Wagner Jr. vs. L.A. Park at TripleMania.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am not trying to specifically defend Sable per se - but you said "she was lucky to come along when she did"

And my point is that circumstance is often a major factor in any profession

Example - if Steph doesn't hear John Cena rap (as the story goes) he doesn't get over in the WWE. And when they eventually let him go (which was going to be sooner rather than later) where was he going to get over without that gimmick at that time TNA? ROH? New Japan? No.

As much as I despised Sable (and I DESPISED Sable) she was insanely fucking over in 1998.  Or at least her implants were.  But for WWE and printing money, that was more than good enough, which is why they spent over a decade overinflating every woman that came through the door trying to recapture that.  Fuck, even through the Diva Search they were outright asking the women if they would get implants as long as the company paid for it.  I'm surprised they didn't just have a plastic surgeon on staff.

16 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

That makes me wonder, did Savage and Taker ever have a one on one match?

I went to a house show that was delayed forever because Warrior no showed his match against Taker so Savage came in as his replacement and won in like ten seconds.

3 hours ago, Infinit said:

Weren't the Irwin Brothers the Super Ds in WCCW? And Sgt Slaughter a Super D in the AWA?

Correct. AWA Super Destroyers were Don Jardine (Super Destroyer Mark I), Sarge (Mark II) and Neil "Hangman" Guay (Mark III).