DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

That pic of the McMahons with Cheeto Fuhrer, smiling like a bunch of marks, like common rubes who finally made it to the big city, really stuck with me.  

I cancelled my WWE Network subscription this morning and I'll take Raw & Smackdown off the DVR tonight.  I can pirate whatever I want to see or catch the 5 good minutes of their TV on Youtube, but I won't be giving $10/month and a miniscule % of ratings to people who stand behind someone who supports hatred, xenophobia, and all the other worst, most base instincts of America.

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

That pic of the McMahons with Cheeto Fuhrer, smiling like a bunch of marks, like common rubes who finally made it to the big city, really stuck with me.  

I cancelled my WWE Network subscription this morning and I'll take Raw & Smackdown off the DVR tonight.  I can pirate whatever I want to see or catch the 5 good minutes of their TV on Youtube, but I won't be giving $10/month and a miniscule % of ratings to people who stand behind someone who supports hatred, xenophobia, and all the other worst, most base instincts of America.

Stop making rzombie1988 have a point please...

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

I applaud you for doing that, but unfortunately one person cancelling means nothing to them.  They've got so much money coming in that they couldn't care less about one customer making a statement.  Now if it was thousands and beyond, maybe.  But on a positive note now is the best time to ditch them because there's so much damn good non-WWE wrestling.  So whether you're watching WWE through whatever means or ditching them outright for other promotions, you're going to have a good time either way.

As for Teddy fainting, there was a gif of him fainting then it went in reverse like he was resurrected.  I can't find it now for some reason but always laugh when I see that.

42 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I applaud you for doing that, but unfortunately one person cancelling means nothing to them.  They've got so much money coming in that they couldn't care less about one customer making a statement.  Now if it was thousands and beyond, maybe.  But on a positive note now is the best time to ditch them because there's so much damn good non-WWE wrestling.  So whether you're watching WWE through whatever means or ditching them outright for other promotions, you're going to have a good time either way.

Oh yeah, I'm under no illusion that my drop in the bucket matters financially to them, but it means something to me.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Oh yeah, I'm under no illusion that my drop in the bucket matters financially to them, but it means something to me.

And if means something to you then that's all that matters. :)

I would like to drop them but I've been so knee deep in WWE since age 4 that there's no quitting them for me.

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Tbut I won't be giving $10/month and a miniscule % of ratings to people who stand behind someone who supports hatred, xenophobia, and all the other worst, most base instincts of America.

Hmmmm.... Pretty Ricky, barking like a dog, Saba Simba, kiss my ass, Muhammad Hassan terrorist angle, most of Sable's "career", mocking JR's illness, Katie Vick, strippers in the hot tub during XFL games, the WWE's general attitude towards women and minorities, and a hundred or more other things i could mention.....  One could make the case that catering to the worst, most base instincts of America has always contributed greatly to Vince's success.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Ace said:

Anesthesia mask, I assume.

17 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

If they're putting a mask on him, for sedation purposes, being cleanly shaven gives a better seal.

It's why firemen can't have beards.

Wow.  You guys are really smart!  Thanks for the explanation....I didn't even think of that.  As far as the Revival go....these fools need to get off the twitter machine.  They get abused with every smarky comment they make.  They look like fucking geeks.  

4 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Hmmmm.... Pretty Ricky, barking like a dog, Saba Simba, kiss my ass, Muhammad Hassan terrorist angle, most of Sable's "career", mocking JR's illness, Katie Vick, strippers in the hot tub during XFL games, the WWE's general attitude towards women and minorities, and a hundred or more other things i could mention.....  One could make the case that catering to the worst, most base instincts of America has always contributed greatly to Vince's success.

We come for the wrestling. We put up with Vince's trailer park level entertainment. 

• Like 2

I reconciled my $9.99 for the Network with monthly donations in the same amount to various organizations and causes. I also bought a Zack Sabre Jr. ACLU t-shirt because 1. I believe in the cause 2. it's a reminder that I needn't be skeeved out by wrestling 3. I dig ZSJ. 

ETA: Seeing as this is a Photo Thread, i should include a photo

C3cc5EuXUAEF2h8.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/16/2017 at 8:23 AM, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Were any of these things particularly over or successful. 

6 hours ago, Victator said:

Were any of these things were particularly over or successful. 

Sable was reasonably popular for a while.  TV Guide, Playboy, appearances on several of the late-night talk shows, some minor acting roles. She's a footnote for WWE now, but she was pretty big stuff at the time.

13 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Sable was reasonably popular for a while.  TV Guide, Playboy, appearances on several of the late-night talk shows, some minor acting roles. She's a footnote for WWE now, but she was pretty big stuff at the time.

In mid-1998 when WWF was starting to get white-hot, I seem to recall the only acts more over than Sable were Austin, Undertaker, Kane and Mankind. Maybe DX and The Rock, but I didn't feel like Rocky really elevated into that top stratosphere until the fall of '98. 

Sable's run was brief because as unpredictable as Raw was in 1998, it became apparent at a certain point she wasn't going to get naked on cable TV -- and let's be honest, with that deviant crowd (of which I was one as a high school boy) that's all they cared about. She was horrible on the mic and worse in the ring, so the bloom came off the rose quickly. Still, there was absolutely a point when she was one of the 5 most over acts in the company. 

• Like 1