DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

15 hours ago, zev said:

If Bischoff and company had pushed Jean Paul Levesque to midcard greatness, would Alex Wright be the guy credited with the success of NXT instead?

He is a pretty good trainer from what I heard and his students get coached to work kind of "tv-orientated", plus Wright has a pretty old school mentality. Question remains: Would Steph have fallen in love with the "Wunderkind"? AND would WCW lost the Monday Night Wars? According to Eric Bischoff himself on 2003-WWE TV, Triple H was the one missing in WCW.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

JT also missed that this year the WWE has made it extra special by having features on famous black wrestlers.... Jackie Robinson and Rosa Parks

Someone needs to speak for Bearcat Wright.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NWABCS said:

CiWlHiAW0AAtDUl.jpg

Who knew Sami Zayn's father was Jim Neidhart

(Sorry if this has been posted before.  I'm not up on my DVDR like I used to be)

There are two GREAT Jim Neidhart stories in Bret Hart's book
-One was where Neidhart was at Hart House and had a crush on Ellie Hart (Whom he would eventually marry) and one of Bret's ne'er-do-well brothers (Can't remember if it was Smith or Dean) was tormenting one of the cats and Ellie kept shouting down to leave the cat alone, finally after this happened a couple times, Ellie stomped down the stairs, at which point the Hart brother tossed the cat to Neidhart who was subjected to one of Ellie's blistering tirades.  Later, on a bus to wherever the Stampede crew was going, the wrestlers managed to convince Neidhart that Stu was going to fire him because word had gotten back to him that Neidhart had been mistreating one of his cats.  So when they got where they were going, Neidhart walked up to Stu (Who was unaware of the entire situation) and said "Stu, I just wanted to let you know that it wasn't me who stuck his finger up the cat's ass it was Smith/Dean" and walked away.
-Second was the story about Neidhart, in university, strapping a fire extinguisher to his back and jumping through a window while holding on the curtains like Tarzan and crashing through the window a floor below.

The fact that Neidhart is still around after all the stuff he's done (Throwing a TV monitor at one of WWE's agents, getting into a brawl on a plane and winning thousands by suing them using WWE's lawyers and never paying Vince back, smoking crack with Davey Boy while speeding around on his motorcycle) is truly a minor miracle.  I would watch a TV series based on his life as an insane person.

• Like 1

Remember after all that he was incoherent in a gas station, apparently yelling and vomiting and got arrested for that. The dude's been in bad shape awhile. I think he might have cleaned his act up a little in the last couple years but you'd have to ask Nattie about that. 

Happy Ernie Ladd Month to New Jack and the Gangstas (D-Lo baby!)

dlonewjack.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

NewJack.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

JT also missed that this year the WWE has made it extra special by having features on famous black wrestlers.... Jackie Robinson and Rosa Parks

Going back to Viscera. It still bothers me they did not give him an RIP graphic on Raw because he chose to die during black history month.* A man who worked for them  most of his adult life, praised them after he left and he could not get a basic Rest In Peace. But they made sure to give Joan Rivers a TV segment.

*At the time the attitude being, they had already scheduled a segment for black wrestlers.

• Like 1

D-Lo-Brown-WWE-Superstar-12.jpg

D'Lo was so awesome. His European title reign in 1998, where he was introduced from a different European city each week, was tremendous. He was such a great in-ring worker, too. The feud with X-Pac produced a lot of quality stuff, he had some terrific matches with AJ Styles in the early days of TNA, and his Summerslam '98 match with Val Venis ranks among my favorite WWE pay-per-view card openers. 

Having seen his shoot interview, he also seems like an incredibly good guy. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Iron Yuppie said:

D'Lo was so awesome. His European title reign in 1998, where he was introduced from a different European city each week, was tremendous. He was such a great in-ring worker, too. The feud with X-Pac produced a lot of quality stuff, he had some terrific matches with AJ Styles in the early days of TNA, and his Summerslam '98 match with Val Venis ranks among my favorite WWE pay-per-view card openers. 

I wonder if Droz agrees......

11 hours ago, The Iron Yuppie said:

Among his many accolades, he was also part of one of my favorite tag teams, Lo Down (before Tiger Ali ruined them), not to mention was the first Euro-Contintental Champion.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

Didn't he slip on something thrown in the ring or so the story goes? There's a lot that can go wrong on a move like that.

No, nothing was thrown into the ring. I read or watched something by one of them a few months back, that said part of his gear (some weird loose shirt) was why D'Lo couldn't get a good enough grip, which somehow resulted in the move becoming horrifically botched. 

16 hours ago, caley said:

There are two GREAT Jim Neidhart stories in Bret Hart's book
-One was where Neidhart was at Hart House and had a crush on Ellie Hart (Whom he would eventually marry) and one of Bret's ne'er-do-well brothers (Can't remember if it was Smith or Dean) was tormenting one of the cats and Ellie kept shouting down to leave the cat alone, finally after this happened a couple times, Ellie stomped down the stairs, at which point the Hart brother tossed the cat to Neidhart who was subjected to one of Ellie's blistering tirades.  Later, on a bus to wherever the Stampede crew was going, the wrestlers managed to convince Neidhart that Stu was going to fire him because word had gotten back to him that Neidhart had been mistreating one of his cats.  So when they got where they were going, Neidhart walked up to Stu (Who was unaware of the entire situation) and said "Stu, I just wanted to let you know that it wasn't me who stuck his finger up the cat's ass it was Smith/Dean" and walked away.
-Second was the story about Neidhart, in university, strapping a fire extinguisher to his back and jumping through a window while holding on the curtains like Tarzan and crashing through the window a floor below.

The fact that Neidhart is still around after all the stuff he's done (Throwing a TV monitor at one of WWE's agents, getting into a brawl on a plane and winning thousands by suing them using WWE's lawyers and never paying Vince back, smoking crack with Davey Boy while speeding around on his motorcycle) is truly a minor miracle.  I would watch a TV series based on his life as an insane person.

The best Neidhart story was the one he told Bret about his mom, Katie, and Bret's sister, Allison, driving up to Hart House and seeing Smith's g/f, Maria, on top of the roof naked except for a parka and wacked out on drugs. Neidhart's mom apparently is a hippy sort of lady so she took the whole thing in stride and got her (Smith's gf) to come down. She offered Maria a Snickers bar. Maria chucks the bar at Allison, who was holding Neidhart's kid (probably Nattie) and attacks her. Katie tries to intervene and Allison, who is trying to fight off this crazy lady and protect the baby, starts biting and nearly bites off the first finger that's in her face. Katie goes, "dear, that's my finger." Apparently they put Maria on the next flight back to Puerto Rico after that incident. She's been unhappy up in Canada b/c Smith apparently told her he lived in a big mansion with a bunch of cars and that he was rich and famous and that turned out to be a bunch of half-truths.