DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

10 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

It was Savio Vega and he brought barbed wire.  What more do you want?!

That wasn't a bad match either. I remember Austin just fucking launching a garbage can and beaning Billy Gunn right in the noggin. Also, that the show was called No Way Out for the longest time but Vince changed it to No Way Out of Texas to avoid any legal entanglements with the nWo.

• Like 1

The New Age Outlaws were white-hot as faces not long after No Way Out, but in early '98, they might have been the most hateable heel act in the company. Also, turning Owen heel so soon after the Screwjob was bullshit. He should have been in the title match at the Rumble, beaten Shawn, then dropped the title back to him at No Way Out before feuding with Hunter over the European championship. 

That also leads to a reality where Shawn doesn't take the casket bump, though. I know in interviews, he's credited that to him turning his life around. This scenario goes down a whole other rabbit hole. 

36 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

That wasn't a bad match either. I remember Austin just fucking launching a garbage can and beaning Billy Gunn right in the noggin. Also, that the show was called No Way Out for the longest time but Vince changed it to No Way Out of Texas to avoid any legal entanglements with the nWo.

I remember this match for Savio Vega's inclusion, barbed wire (first WWF barbed wire use on PPV, yes?), the garbage can throw as described in the quoted post and Steve Austin giving Chyna a Stone Cold Stunner as she kept provoking him.