DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2017 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

13 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

So what about the alternate reality where Show ends up being known as the Big Nasty this whole time instead, Corliss Williamson pans out as an NBA Superstar and the worthless ass spectacle match at this year's WM is actually between those two over "who is the real Big Nasty?"

Only one is a Big Nasty Bastard...and his mama said so.

God bless the Big Boss Man.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

It's amazing how many names Show went through in such a short space of time. What was all that about?

The story that I remember, which might be apocryphal, was that Vince wanted to call him Titan and Bischoff shit on the name during The Giant's beat down sendoff on Nitro. So, Vince just used his real name for his debut before trying out a bunch and settling on Big Show. Again, that may be an urban legend.

6 minutes ago, Victator said:

I do remember hearing the Titan story. Which I feel is a way better name than the Big Show.

Titan would have been a way better name than the Big Show. Once again, we have Eric Bischoff to thank for fucking something up in wrestling. 

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Haha.  Possibly THE biggest disappointment of the era.   

I remember I was actually excited by it, because I wanted to see Savio do some real garbage wrestling.

• RIPPA pinned this topic
7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Titan would have been a way better name than the Big Show. Once again, we have Eric Bischoff to thank for fucking something up in wrestling. 

They could have called him anything and WWE would have fucked it up anyways because the booking wouldn't have changed. 

The fact that his name was always going to be some stupid pun like Titan or TBS should have been a good indicator of that. 

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I remember a rumor floating around at the time that Sid was going to be the mystery partner; given his history with Shawn Michaels. 

February is when spring training starts. There's no way he would've done it. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

So what about the alternate reality where Show ends up being known as the Big Nasty this whole time instead, Corliss Williamson pans out as an NBA Superstar and the worthless ass spectacle match at this year's WM is actually between those two over "who is the real Big Nasty?"

Add Scottie Thurman coming off the top rope with a steel chair to give Corliss the win, Cole having the presence of mind to compare it to his 3-pointer to beat Duke in the '94 Final Four, and that's an alternate reality I want to inhabit. 

• Like 4